If they were available, would you buy one?

Would you buy Swedish CRs if they were available locally?

• YES YES YES YES YES!

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • Yes, and I would RF them till it was outgrown

Votes: 55 50.9%
  • Yes, and I would only RF them till 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and I would only RF them until they were school age

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Yes, but I would only use if for FF

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Yes, but I would only buy it to play with and drooooool over

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • Clicky!

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

P1ally

If Swedish HWRF seats were available in the US, and comparably priced, would you buy one? (IE the britax multi-tech, two way, etc).

And would you RF your LO till they outgrew it RFing?

ADS

Qarin

I wouldn't, but I think my 7yo would seriously consider trying to save up for one or get someone to buy it for her before she was too big for it...

TerisBoys

Now? No. Ryan's too close to outgrowing the weight limits and it would be pointless.

5.5 years ago would've been another story (Elite expired and he outgrew the RA RF in my car).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I would hope for a nice tall Multi Tech and not a short Brio Zento, that's for sure (Leah'd be way too big for that already :p)

NannyMom

Yes. The kids and I were discussing the RN and it's RF limits. It a nice tal seat could RF to 55 pounds, J said he would happily RF. I'm not so sure I'd do it as a safety concern for him. But If I needed the seat.... and he could use it too...sure. FOr BabyS, deffinetly. She's my little chunker. Sofi may make it to 5 just in the TF.

mommaon112903

I would in a heartbeat!

Josef BEGS to sit "backwards" and is always saying "that's cool!" when he sees a photo of an older child RFing. He :love: his booster but is NOT liking his Regent, so in a perfect world Josef would RF to the limits and then straight into a booster. If I am remebering the stats correctly, Josef would have either just outgrown or would be very close to outgrowing a MT RFing due to torso height.

I have spent a TON of money on car seats, and just ONE MT is less than what I have spent already!

Lea_Ontario

In a heartbeat.

At least for my younger kids - Boo is 50lbs already, not sure if it would be "worth it" for him now - financially speaking.

emandbri

I would get one for Benjamin and Elizabeth. Elizabeth is reaching 35 lbs and didn't have much leg room in the my ride and Benjamin asks once a week to be rear-facing!

christineka

I would buy one or several if I thought they'd fit in my van 3 across. I think age 6 would be my max age for rfing though.

DahliaRW

Yes. As long as the shell height was enough that my kiddo could actually continue rearfacing in it (which I think they are quite a bit taller).

ginny4

realisticly no not now. i'd love to but my DH would have a heartattack if i bought another seat. plus i'm not in the market for any convertibles now that my youngest is almost 3yo.
IF however i was having another baby & in the market for a convertible i'd buy one & prolly RF til school age if i could.

tl01

If Swedish HWRF seats were available in the US, and comparably priced, would you buy one? (IE the britax multi-tech, two way, etc).

And would you RF your LO till they outgrew it RFing?

Yes I would buy one.. and I did:) I RFed DS until he was 3 when he started to say he was getting pukey in the seat. I get car sick very easily so I thought that was starting to happen to him. I'm still glad I have the seat b/c if we have another big child then I'll be glad I can RF that child longer. I did intend to RF DS until he was 3.5 years old but that didn't work out. I think our Swedish seat is a great seat and I'm a bit sad it is just sitting in a closet right now!

mommy-medic

Just to clarify- are we talking about IF they were not only available but also fmvss213 approved, right? If that is the case then heck yes!

Or are we talking about just "available" (meaning not having to fool with shipping from overseas and customs)?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Just to clarify- are we talking about IF they were not only available but also fmvss213 approved, right? If that is the case then heck yes!

Or are we talking about just "available" (meaning not having to fool with shipping from overseas and customs)?

Oh, yes, I was assuming both legal (either FMVSS 213 approved, OR the law is changed to allow European seats that get a "waiver" by showing that they are tested to equal or higher standards and meet minimal legal requirements-- like no FF until 1 year, etc.-- or something like that.) I was also assuming available in a specialty shop somewhere in my metro area, no shipping required.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC