MA vs. MR65 for height RFing?

kalamos23

Just me again posting about my big baby :) (10mo, 30lbs. 32.5" w/long torso) Seriously, though I'm really stressing about this, my goal is for her to make at least 18mo RFing as sad as that sounds. I really want her to ERF as long as possible but she's just a big girl.

I think we are going to get the MR65 but I want to make sure that she isn't going to outgrow it by height before weight if we spend the money on it. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a 40lb Radian but yeah... I don't know if we have time to wait and see if that is going to happen or not.

I don't know what her torso height is offhand bc I haven't measured her in a long while - but she has around 2.5-3" of growth in MA heightwise. Her head is level with the bottom of the tag fwiw. Our MA is a 33lber btw. :thumbsdown:

So - buy a MR65? Wait it out and possibly buy a Scenara for the extra 2lbs. until Radian comes out? We will be traveling crosscountry flights when she is 13mo and it might be nice to have something light for the flight anyway.

Also, how is the MR65 and or Scenara for sleeping in? We love the MA for it - live out in the country and she frequently falls asleep on the way home from the big town.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
She'll probably slow down her weight gain a lot, but I'd probably hedge my bets and buy a MR. And I think it looks very cozy for sleeping in, have you looked at all the pictures people keep posting? Very cozy seat :)

DahliaRW

At that height I would guess at least 2" in the MR. It is comparable to the MA, some say a bit shorter some say a bit taller. It depends on your kiddo. But at 30lbs at 10 months it'll probably be worth it.

calihannah

I'll add that the Scenera is not cushy at all, so if you're looking for a seat that would be cozy for sleeping, the MR65 certainly looks plusher from all of the great pics people are posting!

(My DD sleeps in any seat, it turns out, so I just look for one that catches her head so she's not a schlumped over. The padding is nice, though!)

kalamos23

Ok - I'm sold - now which MR cover should I get? Something girly :) I really want Target to carry it bc I have a ton of money on Target gift cards to buy her next seat with (the MA was always a stopgap - we were waiting on th TF ARB before). I like the Patunia and the purple one... :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC