MyRide65 worth the money for a 34/35lb 21mo old?

SarahLong

MyRide65 worth the money for a 34/35lb 21mo old? (pics in myride added)

So I read these forums every day, just don't post since I'm still learning all of this car seat stuff. I've been following the MyRide info, but never thought to bring it up to my employers for A since they just bought 3 new Nautilus' 4mos ago. My employer broached the subject of a friend of hers that has her 15mo old 16lb daughter FF, asking me to call her with info on 1. The Illegalness(word? lol) of her being FF before 20lbs, and 2. Info about RF to atleast 2yrs. The subject of the MyRide jumped out of my mouth, and my employers actually stopped and said it's great they make that for kids like A. Dad said "Man would she be pissed if we turned her back around again.". And Mom said "Well she'd just have to deal with it, it's safer.". I was squeeling inside!!! So I told them I'd come on here and ask your guys' opinion on whether it would be worth it. She is 21mos old, 34/35lbs depending on the day, not sure how tall right now, but she is on the third slots in the Nautilus, though technically exactly even, maybe 1/4in above the second slots. I plan on going to BabiesRUs tomorrow in hopes they have a MyRide. If they do I'll post pics with permission to help with opinions.

After putting her in it and seeing how she fits, I think it would be worth it. She has tons of growing room. We didn't have time to try it in my car, and Mom was at the airport with Dad, so we will have to try it in each car before buying 3 of them.

For reference, this is how she fits in the GN.
259jv4g.jpg

2v7usrb.jpg

Leg room is AWESOME!!!
dzcjcw.jpg

3rd from top slot RF
2liwmk0.jpg

212v5ma.jpg

Lots of room for the chubbiness, lol
2rrnpra.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

DahliaRW

It sounds like a short enough torso (my oldests torso is just below the second to the top slots of the nautilus and his head is maybe 1/2" over the top, so your friend's child is a few inches less than that). I would have them install the MR at BRU and see how it works height wise befor buying. But if there is enough growth room, I would totally get it at that age/weight. I'd buy one for my 22 mo if he'd have enough growth room in it.

NannyMom

She's so young, and sounds short enough in the torso. I put a 40pound 3.5 year old in it the other day. He was about 1/4 inch below the 2nd slots on his GN, and he had I think 3.5 inches above his head in the MR (rear facing).

heyruthie

i'd say because of her age, if you're SURE you get a good install in your car, and she still fits with at least, say 1 inch of growing room in the seat (so she doesn't outgrow in a few months) then, yes! i still have my DD RFing, and i'm very happy about that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC