My Kiddos in the MR65

DahliaRW

VERY dissapointed in the shell height. It seemed shorter than the MA to me. Since I had 2 cranky boys, I just sat them in it on the floor in BRU to see the shell height. I would guess rfing they'd have less room, since the seat would be reclined. I'll have to try to get MA and Radian compare pics at some point. But my ds2 has oodles of room height wise in the radian (his head is about even with the bottom of the sun logo) and my ds1 is pretty much even with the top of the shell in the radian. Ds2 can still rf in the MA, ds1 has barely outgrown it ffing (by shoulder height). I had the infant padding folded behind them to just get an approx shell height, since neither was cooperative enough to let me uninstall it! I'll have to go back sometime.

Ds1 is 4 years 4 months and 40lbs. His shoulders are over the top harness height. He is slouching slightly (uncooperative!).

3567696204_5bf282d111.jpg

3566884637_f589712dc7.jpg

Ds2 is 22 months, close to 31lbs. He was slouching a tiny bit, and by the time I got to the side majorly so I didn't include the picture. I think installed reclined rfing he would already be too tall or very close to it. Doubt he'd even make it to 35 in this seat.

3567696608_d49d674efc.jpg

Overall, a short chunky kid could make it to 40. An average kid to at least 35. A tall skinny kid is out of luck. Ideally, I'd love to see this seat with a shell height 2" taller. Or a 40lb rfing radian or TF. Those are about the only things that would get me to spring for a new convertible!

ADS

Murphy's Law

Thanks for posting these. My dd has been complaining about her head/neck hurting (an ongoing problem since she turned FF). I had been entertaining the thought of getting her a MR so I could turn her back RF but have yet to see it in person. She is 39.5" tall and 36 pounds. Even if she fit right now, based on your pics I don't think it would last her RF much longer at all!

Thanks again for posting.

Maedze

I can tell you right now what you saw on the floor is pretty meaningless compared to what happens when you get them buckled in when the seat is installed.

firemomof3

I can tell you right now what you saw on the floor is pretty meaningless compared to what happens when you get them buckled in when the seat is installed.

I agree! We tried out the MyRide at our car seat playdate and when I sat
dd2 in it she looked as if she had already outgrown the seat by height rf BUT now I have the seat installed and she has 4" of shell above her head :eek:

MomE

I agree! We tried out the MyRide at our car seat playdate and when I sat
dd2 in it she looked as if she had already outgrown the seat by height rf BUT now I have the seat installed and she has 4" of shell above her head :eek:

Wow! I'm going back and forth between getting this as a seat for a second car, and now I just might get it. I don't NEED a seat cuz my daughter is just about always in my car. But.... I wish I had gone ahead and bought the Sonata when it was $10 cheaper!

Also, it looks like the insert is still in that seat, and the kids are sitting on top of everything. I'm guessing it will make a difference when that is removed and the kids are buckled in properly.

DahliaRW

The insert is folded behind them. So if anything it makes them slouch. IME, every car seat I've put my kiddos in outside of the car had less growth room once installed (at least true for the radian, nautilus, snugride, old evenflo triumph, and marathon). Like I said, love to go back and take a closer look, but being 32 weeks pregnant with cranky kiddos doesn't allow that. It was hard enough to lift the seat off of the shelf!

MomE

The insert is folded behind them. So if anything it makes them slouch. IME, every car seat I've put my kiddos in outside of the car had less growth room once installed (at least true for the radian, nautilus, snugride, old evenflo triumph, and marathon). Like I said, love to go back and take a closer look, but being 32 weeks pregnant with cranky kiddos doesn't allow that. It was hard enough to lift the seat off of the shelf!

Aww...if I was there I would have helped you! I always like to help out when I see parents in this situation.

When I put my daughter in her seat (infant seat, no insert) and she winds up sitting all over the straps, she's up higher in it. Her behind isn't where it's supposed to be so it looks like she doesn't fit. But once she's in the right place she's fine (just about outgrown, but fine). So that's why I was wondering that. But your kids are much older than my daughter so maybe that's different.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC