Carseat "sightseeing' in Northern Virginia?

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
So, I'm leaving Sat. to go visit my sister in Loudon County Virginia (she lives in Ashburn). I'll be doing a little sightseeing (including downtown DC) but would like to do some "carseat sightseeing". There are several seats I've always wanted to see in person that just aren't sold in Iowa! I'd love to see the Clek boosters, Safeguard Go/Childseat, Radian XT, Monterrey, Orbit system (LOL), Recaro (any of their seats), of course the My Ride, Roundabout 50 (haven't made it here yet, as of 8 days ago), Advocate (just to see the weird "pillows"), I can't think of any other seats right now! I wouldn't mind seeing some cool strollers too! Does anyone know of any stores that carry all/most of those seats?

Thanks for indulging me!

ADS

heyruthie

So, I'm leaving Sat. to go visit my sister in Loudon County Virginia (she lives in Ashburn). I'll be doing a little sightseeing (including downtown DC) but would like to do some "carseat sightseeing". There are several seats I've always wanted to see in person that just aren't sold in Iowa! I'd love to see the Clek boosters, Safeguard Go/Childseat, Radian XT, Monterrey, Orbit system (LOL), Recaro (any of their seats), of course the My Ride, Roundabout 50 (haven't made it here yet, as of 8 days ago), Advocate (just to see the weird "pillows"), I can't think of any other seats right now! I wouldn't mind seeing some cool strollers too! Does anyone know of any stores that carry all/most of those seats?

Thanks for indulging me!

I live in NOVA--but in Fairfax County--1 county over from Loudoun, so the stores I go to are a few minutes away from you--just avoid rush hour!!!

The seats that I've seen, which you listed are:

Clek boosters--pretty sure they have at least 1-2 styles at Buy Buy Baby in Springfield
Radian XT--yes, Buy Buy Baby in Springfield
Monterey--yes, Buy Buy Baby in Springfield
Orbit system--yes, Buy Buy Baby in Springfield (maybe BRU in Chantilly, too?)
My Ride--yes, BRU in Chantilly
Roundabout 50--haven't seen it yet, but it may be at BRU by now
Advocate--I *think* it's at Buy Buy Baby in Springfield

Unless otherwise noted, these seats are NOT at our local BRU stores. For instance, BRU used to carry SK seats, and had the Radians in-store, but do not any more--and thus also don't have the Monterey. Also, Buy Buy Baby used to carry Recaro in-store, but now does not.

There is also a big baby store in Manassas...but the name is eluding me right now--it's a boutique place, and may have other items. HTH!

Last edited:

ChristyH

Sorry I can't help you but I want to say I am so jealous! lol I am from Loudoun County (went to Broad Run High in Ashburn) and I miss it terribly.
Have fun!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
If you go to montgomery Co MD, Great Beginnings in Rockville will probably have a bunch of that stuff.

Susan

:ROTFLMAO: at carseat "sightseeing". Maybe some enterprising child safety non-profit could run "Car Seat sightseeing tours" as a fundraiser.
I know I'd sign up for a tour if there was one in my area :whistle:

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
Thanks for the help! I'm in the Des Moines area and was at BRU the 16th but they didn't have the MyRide yet. I forgot about the Combi Cocorro but I think Baby 2 Teen would probably have it. I don't like to recommend* seats that I haven't seen/tried so I figured this was a great chance to see some of them. ChristyH--my niece graduated from Broad Run last year. It's a nice area!

*not that I would ever "recommend" a seat ;) I like to be able to help people find a seat that meets their needs.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I hope you have fun here in NOVA! I love it here. :)

Ruth gave you a lot of good advice about where to look for seats. We used to have a good place for seat-sighting (Right Start in Reston), but it closed. Now, I think the best places are BuyBuyBaby in Springfield (which is kind of far from Ashburn) and BRU in Seven Corners (which is also kind of far from Ashburn).

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
Thanks for all the help. We ended up going to Baby 2 Teen in Manassas, we didn't make it to Buy Buy Baby but the only thing we didn't get to see on the list was the MyRide (now available in IA), RA 50, Advocate, and Orbit (LOL). I really liked the Safeguard Childseat, so did my 7 yr old nephew! He wanted to buy it. I also I was impressed with how lightweight the Clek was. I wasn't too impressed with the Recaro (didn't look at the Youngstyle that much, more the Signo). I wish the Monterey had the alligator LATCH, not the cheap hooks. I wasn't terribly impressed with the RN XT, not sure it's worth the extra money. As far as I could tell in order to remove the harness you had to use a screw driver, 2 thumbs down:( Cocorro was neat but very small, it didn't look like it was much bigger than the SS1. It was fun, thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC