Maxi cosi mico

love-pink

Maxi cosi mico....How high are the slots? How long does it usually last? And does the handle have to be down?? Anyone actually used this seat? I really want it to go with my quinny zapp and will only need it to get thru the winter then we will be switching to a ma. I'm due in october and I like the boot you can buy to go with it :) I was going to get a snug rider to use with my ss1 but I found a few different micos for just a few dollars more. I would love to see pics if you have any! What do the covers feel like?? I like the juice and happy flowers.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I have heard the base is a toughie to install..maybe that's just with the seatbelt, though...and the one baby I know who rode in it found it terribly uncomfortable, the mom couldn't wait to get her a new seat because she felt maybe the straps were so close together that it really rubbed her neck. I think the handle can be up. It has a puzzle buckle. Oh and someone else finds it really hard to get it in and out of the base, so you'd have to be super vigilant that the clicking really means it's attached properly.
So if you have LATCH and like puzzle buckles and are careful about snapping it in and out right, it's probably not too bad. It seems an average size for seats that go to 22lbs/29 inches :)

love-pink

I do plan to use latch we have it in both vehicles :) also I did read that there is some thing on the base that turns green when its snapped in right and stays red when its not. Is there anywhere where I could see one in person?? Maybe babies r us or baby depot?? I also did read that there are 2 adjustments for the crotch buckle.

kimogilvie

I've got one (still getting used to it - baby is 1.5 weeks old). Bought it because it was definitely the lightest. Installation was a total PITA. It's in there now though....and not coming out because I don't want to have to install again. The buckle is a puzzle buckle, which can be a little annoying when you're not used to it. I also have problems with it sometimes not clicking into place right. I don't think there's anything on the base that tells you if it's clicked in properly - if there is, I definitely missed it. The handle can be up.

However, I still do like the seat and it serves the purpose I bought it for (something lightweight and small and compatible with my stroller). Baby fits very well in it and seems comfortable.

My BRU has them in stock to see in person. But they only have the BRU pattern (none of the ones you mentioned).

love-pink

Is it a pita to get off the base? I wonder what the web site is talking about when they talk about the red and green thing to indicate if its locked in than?? I'm going to try to get to bru but it probably won't be for a couple weeks :( how is the weight compared to the ss1?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC