Myride vs marathon for older kids

LuvBug

I tried to search this and read the other threads, but couldn't seem to find what I needed.

How tall are the top slots of the myride compared to the marathon? I know they both measure about 17" each, but how does it actually fit in the car?

ADS

Maedze

Bean the First is dead even with the top slots in the MA, and has maybe 1/2" of growth in the MR.

However, the MR is a very SNUG seat...it has a bucket feel going on, actually. So that will limit how long kids can fit in it, too.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I got a quick measurement of 16 for the MR and 17 for the MA and Leah clearly had a lot more growing room in the MA (like, barely at the second to top slots, versus almost to the top slots of the MR). Fyrfightermama's pictures show how very snug it is for a larger FF kid, I just never know how to find anything in the search bar, lol.

NannyMom

J was just a hair over the top slots in the MA, and 1/2 inch above in the MR. But it can also depend on how upright you do/can install the MR. The MR would love to be installed very reclined, lol.

LuvBug

hmm...

ok, thanks.

(looking to keep DNe RFing at 2(3/15/07), 35lbs, and developmentally a little slow)

LuvBug

yes, problem is that DNi will need a new seat soon as well. They have 2 marathons and a regent and 2 cars... DNe will be fine in the MAs once he grows into himself, but DNi will outgrow them soon and we are trying to minimalize seat purchases.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I put Bekah in both and she was even will the second slot from the top, on both.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC