Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Safeguard Go as a backless booster

Wow, it's so great for big kids! I still haven't tried it in the car, but here's a picture of how low it is compared to the Dakota http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag...62103434360562 (and more pics in that album, it's a tad deeper for the thighs than the Dakota, too).

Anyway, dd1 LOVED the CD when we got it last week, but she loves the Go equally this week. I am hoping that it's so low profile that I can use it in the 'pushed to the middle' captain's chair in my Ody and it won't make the shoulderbelt fall off the kids' shoulders (which happens in the Clek when it's LATCHed so we use it unlatched and scooted over to the side a bit, I'm hoping the Go can be LATCHed and still work fine...I'll update when I test it!)

I'm still tired from prying the harness off the Go with a flathead screwdriver, I don't recommend doing that any more often than absolutely necessary
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: Safeguard Go as a backless booster

I agree, it's great for those wanting a lower booster - but the price tag for using it only backless? Not cool at all!

I'd love a high back booster that sits only an inch off the seat (for materials -thin plastic covered by comfort foam - ONLY, not a ton of extra padding!), because my tall dd is going to be too tall for high back boosters and possibly even backless boosters in a couple of years - one that sits lower would be great for older/bigger kids so they can stay boostered longer.
    "If you don't know how to fix it, please stop breaking it." Severn Suzuki, age 12

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I agree, it's great for those wanting a lower booster - but the price tag for using it only backless? Not cool at all!
    But consider that if it's bought at the end of a kid's booster career, and used for only a year or two as a "transitional" booster, and you carefully preserve the rest of it, the resale value would be phenomenal.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 12, Bridget, 10, Maggie, 8, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Senior Community Member

True.
    "If you don't know how to fix it, please stop breaking it." Severn Suzuki, age 12

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Yeah, crazy expensive for just that. Fortunately I can use it for the big kids backless and then use it harnessed for Leah for whatever seating situation I will find for it...someday...I hope... lol... It just happens to work out for me. Oh, and Leah does love it harnessed...I know we mostly recommend it for travel and rare use, but it's so easy to climb into it and buckle it up!
    I still haven't tried it with a kid in the van but it doesn't look promising, I may have to put the clek in there anyway because it's the only one narrow enough to scootch over to the side to make the shoulderbelt fit.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good