Got a Combo seat at Kmart for $16!

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
Following a bargain lead I read about on another bb, I found a Safety 1st Surveyor Combination seat for $16 at Kmart today. I don't need it, but I am going to give it to someone who does. Apparently, there are also some Evenflo Triumphs for $20 at some stores. There weren't any left at mine.

ADS

Splash

Holy wow! I would buy ten Triumphs at that price!
We were just in there on Saturday (well, "Sears Essentials" but we all know it's really K-Mart) to have Charlie's pictures done (our friend is the studio manager and has done his pics monthly since birth) and as always I went to the car seat section. I picked up 2 cosco high rise boosters for six bucks each. I didn't need them, and they aren't very good seats, but any (current govt approved) seat is better than no seat, and heck at six bucks Charlie can hang out in them in the living room for all I care! I threw one in the back of my car with the Scenera that has been back there for weeks waiting for someone who needs it. I figure I'll run into someone who'll need one, and they'll be more likely to actually use a seat if it's free. I mean, it's FREE, why not take it?

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
I went to a different Kmart in my area this morning and they didn't have an Triumphs or Surveyors left, but I picked up 4 of those Cosco boosters you tipped me on! You can't beat $6!! When I was checking out, a lady with a kiddo in arms asked me if I was buying all of them they had. I replied that I was, but asked if she was planning on buying on (don't want to be greedy, everybody needs a good deal!) and she said she was thinking about getting one for her dd that she was holding. The little girl looked no older than 2. I nicely explained that while it's a great deal, her dd was too little for the seat. She looked at the seat and said, "But it's for 40 pounds and up. She's 33 pounds. It's close enough." :eek: I talked to her for a few minutes and explained that not only is it horribly unsafe for a kiddo that small to be in a bpb, but it's against state law. I told her that my dd the same age has her dd was still RF and I thought the lady was going to lose it. So I shut up at that point, lol! I didn't leave one for her to buy...:p

Kellyr2

Does that Safety 1st one have high slots? Doubtful, but worth a shot, LOL. I don't need one but I bet my SIL is still in the market.

Splash

I got one Triumph today. The sale has been going on for over a week so their aren't many left. Surveyors were full price though.
But hey, a Triumph for $24 can't be beat! I called all the stores in this area and was only able to find just the one. Drats.

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
Kelly--the top harness slots are about 15 inches. My 4 1/2yo ds fits in it just fine with room to grow:
attachment.php

Kellyr2

Interesting. I'll tell her to measure her ds and see. I'm pushing for her to get an Apex but I know their budget is tight. If they could at least make this work for a few months, it would be worth it. Her current two options are an expired and too small Evenflo Medallion or Cosco Protek. He's under 40 lbs, And I know he's shorter tahn my dd, who is just barely over the 2nd to the top slots in the MA>

ruthla

IThe little girl looked no older than 2. I nicely explained that while it's a great deal, her dd was too little for the seat. She looked at the seat and said, "But it's for 40 pounds and up. She's 33 pounds. It's close enough." :eek: I talked to her for a few minutes and explained that not only is it horribly unsafe for a kiddo that small to be in a bpb, but it's against state law. I told her that my dd the same age has her dd was still RF and I thought the lady was going to lose it. So I shut up at that point, lol! I didn't leave one for her to buy...:p
Holy cow-I didn't realize people were that stupid/careless about safety! Then again, I recently found out that people still double buckle kids for carpool. I remember being double buckled in the '70's, but I thought that went out with lap belts and station wagons!

Splash

Holy cow-I didn't realize people were that stupid/careless about safety! Then again, I recently found out that people still double buckle kids for carpool. I remember being double buckled in the '70's, but I thought that went out with lap belts and station wagons!

Oh yeah. My boss' wife refuses to buckle her children in in the car (they haven't been in car seats since they were two, right now they normally ride in boosters with the shoulder portion behind their backs because they like it that way) because she is convinced that if you're not buckled up, you won't wreck. Buckling invites bad energy and causes accidents. If you don't buckle then you are saying you trust the "good" energy to keep you safe.

I've given up. Her husband SWORE to me two weeks ago after he bought their new minivan that he was buying them actual car seats, but has since decided it's not worth the fallout.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC