What interesting seats have you seen lately?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I saw a Bertini travel system for sale at BRU tonight.

That's the name of the new Cosco with the onboard 35. I thought the name was quite...stolen :p

Unless it happens to be a coincidence and you actually DID see a Bertini (which should be a honkin' huge pram...) :D

I saw the RA50 in Cowmooflage!!!!!!! I really like it, and it's cheaper than the RA :rolleyes:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I don't know what it actually looked like because all I could see was the box, which was freakin HUGE! The box was about twice or maybe even three times the size of other travel system boxes. I was SHOCKED.:eek:

Jennifer mom to my 7

That's the name of the new Cosco with the onboard 35. I thought the name was quite...stolen :p

Unless it happens to be a coincidence and you actually DID see a Bertini (which should be a honkin' huge pram...) :D

I saw the RA50 in Cowmooflage!!!!!!! I really like it, and it's cheaper than the RA :rolleyes:

Except it is not quite stolen since dorel owns bertini in Australia. And they also own maxi cosi and quinny now.

P1ally

I also saw the cowmoo ra50 at bru.. That was actually all they had.. Odd..

I also saw the MR65! Wasn't a fan of the cover..

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah.. Dorel is out to own the baby product world.

AHHH!!! I just looked it up. It looks like a Dorel product. Now no one will believe me when I tell them how sturdy my Bertini is :cry:

Oh, I know! Yeah, it definitely just says Bertini B5 on it, Patriot was right, but every other angle and element of it just cries out 'Dorel!'...at least when they bought up Quinny and Maxi Cosi, they kept the integrity of the brand names :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Did the RA 50 have the RA harness adjuster?

Nope :( They really should have called it "Marathon Lite"...or 10K? lol... to be less confusing, IMO (It's just a MA without HUGS, LATCH bars or lockoffs...or a Fisher Price Safe Voyage with a Britax Base, lol)

:)

all together ooky

I saw a foofy Marathon a week ago. I said something like, "Oh, a Foofy Marathon! I've never seen one in real life." But, the mom didn't hear me.

AtTheSouthDam

I saw a foofy Marathon a week ago. I said something like, "Oh, a Foofy Marathon! I've never seen one in real life." But, the mom didn't hear me.

The first time i saw a foofy MA I thought someone had cut up and made a custom cover out of the denim. Then I wondered how that would effect the integrity of the cover. The harness would line up but would it be flame-retardant. It was until I came here I realized it WAS Britax cover :p

JOII

There was a car with two safeguard child seats next to me at the pick up area at Ikea. The girls were both 'older' too, either 5 or 6. I wanted to talk to them but was geeking out too hard to say anything. Never seen one IRL before. Looked nice!

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
I have been seeing them more often lately. I still can't imagine spending that much money on that system, but that is just me. :eek:

Neither can I, but it's a status thing. At least it's not that bad of a seat!

For $800 I'd get a wicked stroller, a KF, and some nice convertible, and probably still come out ahead.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I saw a Britax Frontier Friday at the hardware store. The mom was putting a 4-5 year old in it. I asked her how she liked it, and she gave it a positive review. She said they had another seat before (sounded like the Regent from her description), and she likes the Frontier better, in part because it's smaller.

I also saw either a Frontier or Nautilus at the airport this afternoon. It was face down on a pile of luggage, so I couldn't ID it, but it wasn't wrapped or boxed or bagged, so I assume they had used it on the flight.

OK, I know those aren't unusal, but it was really nice to see them in use. Oh, I did see a 2000 Roundabout w/ denim cover at a seat check 2 months ago. That's the first seat I bought after discovering CPS, so it was kinda cool. (The techs helped install it properly, and the grandparents promised to replace it asap.)

munchkin

When I was in Louisville, I saw a man walking an Orbit and the stroller down the street. I actually had to turn around to check it out again :cool:.

When I was driving through Alabama, I saw
-a RF orange Scenera with what looked like an over 1 year old :thumbsup:.
-a Regent/Husky (only saw the back) passenger side in a Ford Ranger. I was excited for that, but the older child in the middle was obviously in a lap belt only and had no head protection.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC