Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Question CPS Technician...question for you

As a expert in car seat/car safety what 3 high back booster's (using seatbelt) are at the top of your list and what makes them better?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Britax Parkway
    Jane Indy Plus Booster
    Graco Turbo

I like the parkway because it doesn't have arm rest so its easy for kids to buckle. Its very comfortable and soft and the head wings and side wings offer side impact protection.

The Jane uses latch to secure it to the car, it is expensive but that feature is neat, it is also adjustable in the side wings.

The Graco is just a good basic not exepnsive seat. It can be used as a backless so its nice if you need to move it to another car you only have to take the bottom part if the child is over 40lbs.

I own the parkway and the turbo for my kids. I really like both of them but the parkway is my favorite. It is easier for them to buckle in and more comfortable for sleeping than the turbo. I do not own the Jane but I really like the latch feature.

Rachel
    cpst

I haven't gotten to see the Jane Indy IRL, but it sounds nice The Recaro Young Start must be pretty cool, too, with it's width adjustability & optional foot rest.... Otherwise:
    • Recaro Young Sport or Style ~ super comfy & it's the only manufacturer that adds EPS foam to the hips/torso as well as the head (but expensive)
    • Britax Parkway ~ very comfy, adjusts very high, easy to use & fit in tight arrangments, fits both small & big kids well, relatively moderate price & is lightweight, plus it has cover options for kids to choose from
    • Graco Turbo (highback) ~ almost as comfy as the Parkway, adjusts almost as high, has similar deep head wings with EPS foam, lots of cover choices to choose from, totally decent price, lightweight & can be backless for travel
    Are you just curious or are you actually shopping for a seat If you are, then please you tell us the child(ren)'s age, weight, height & your vehicle year, make, model.
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

I would say my two favorites are definately the Parkway and the Turbo Booster. The PW is taller and is better in tight spots than the TB, but both are great seats, and my kids have used both.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley