Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat - Hanson

shabnam_mahmud

Hi,

I am looking to buy a two in one car seat for my husband's car, it will not be the primary seat for the baby (our first), as the baby will be in my car most of the time and I will be buying a infant seat for my car. I was looking at the Evenflo Triumph car seat for my husband's 2001 Honda Civic, does anyone have this car seat for such a small car? I have read mostly good reviews for this car seat so does anyone not recommend it? As this is our first baby, any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

Hiya! I own the Evenflo Triumph Advance(EFTA)as well as a small car. I have a 2 door Subaru Impreza & have this seat RF for my 2 1/2 year old in my car. It fits the best of all seats RF back there. However this is with a more upright angle as my son is older. I have never tried it with it at a 45 degree angle, but I am sure it would still fit.

While the EFTA does fit newborns well it might take up alot of room for an infant RF. Their are a couple of other options as well. You did say you would be using an infant seat for your car. Have you thought about just purchasing another base for the infant seat to install in your DH's car so that you can just pop the infant seat into? I LOVED my infant seat when my son was a newborn. It made it SO much easier when he was sleeping.

mommaon112903

My sis did the exact same thing...Snugride in her car and ETA in hubby's car (2005ish VW Passat). The base for the Snugride's IMHO are not cheap, and this way they have a car seat for S in Daddy's car for a LONG time now :)

S was 7lbs4oz, 19" at birth and fit into her ETA wonderfully. Just remeber to use some rolled receiving blankets for head support.

shabnam_mahmud

Thank you very much for your replies, it's been a great help, I'm still a little torn though because if I buy a base for my husband's car, I will end up having to buy two new car seats when the baby outgrows the infant car seat or do the convertible car seats for over 30 lbs come with bases as well?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thank you very much for your replies, it's been a great help, I'm still a little torn though because if I buy a base for my husband's car, I will end up having to buy two new car seats when the baby outgrows the infant car seat or do the convertible car seats for over 30 lbs come with bases as well?

No, the convertible car seats such as the EFTA do not come with bases.

The Triumph Advance fits most newborns well, and of the convertible carseats, takes up the least amount of room front to back of all that I have seen pictures of thus far even at a newborn recline. I would expect that it should fit fine in your civic though I would say you're going to need a rolled towel or a pool noodle pyramid to get a newborn recline just knowing that Honda seats usually are quite sloped.

Maybe you could make a trip to TRU (Toys R Us) and try it out in your car? I'd suggest bringing a rolled towel that's about 11" wide and 6 or 7" in diameter with you so that you can give it a real trial of how it should fit at a newborn recline. (Assuming that your seats are sloped. You may need to play with how the towel is rolled in order to get the right recline, but my guess is that's the size you're best starting out with.)

mommycat

Edited to be a bit more specific.. :p

And just adding a note to point out, in case you are not aware, that you cannot use the UAS system in the center seating position of the 2001 Honda Civic since there are no dedicated anchors and the manual does not allow borrowing the outboard anchors. (You can only use UAS in the center if there is a dedicated set of anchors or if the manufacturer of both the vehicle and child restraint allows borrowing the inner anchors from the outboard sets.)

You may install in the center with the seatbelt, or in an outboard position with the UAS. (The center is generally recommended as a little safer BUT only if you can get a good, solid install, and sometimes this can be challenging on that center hump. If you can get the seat installed better outboard, then you will want to do that.)

Last edited:

dd9736

The EFTA installs real nice in most vehicles, It fits rfing in a 2dr cavalier, so It would probably work
congrats on the upcoming baby, and good luck in your carseat decisions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC