Original Triumph ?

ajanes

We just got back our Triumph from DH's cousin without the manual. We were debating about taking it with us on vacation. I don't want to risk anything happening to my brand new MA or BLVD. Anyway, I just put DS in it and after fixing the extremely twisted straps I buckled DS in. I vaguely remember others commenting about how high the crotch strap comes up. It is in the middle of his stomach. This does not seem safe. Is there anyway to shorten the crotch strap? FWIW-If it doesn't work it's fine. I can take one of the other seats. This seat expires in December so I got it back so I could destroy it after we possibly use it on vacation. Thanks!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Is the seat still "good?"

I noticed that your oldest is six. Is the seat from that child's infancy? If so, has it expired?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, good till 11 or 12 of this year (they usually have a 'december of the sixth year' rule). Really, that crotch strap is fine, that's just the design they chose for whatever reason (probably works best with the memory harness so you don't have to adjust so much, and I've heard long crotch straps reduce head excursion in some seats). If it makes you just feel super uncomfortable to use, then put it out to pasture and use another seat :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC