Tethor anchor installation is tomorrow...????s

cjsmommy

I am getting two tethers installed in my 1999 Chrysler T & C van tomorrow at the Chrysler dealership. We have two kids who need FF tethers:

My 5 year old in a Regent in driver's side captain's seat (FWIW...I tried to get the Regent installed in rear bench but the rear middle lap belt installation was way loose and Gen3 seatbelt (UGH) buckle was jammed up too close by the Regent AND rear passenger side lap/shoulder belt was too short for long-belt and way loose for short-belt) and, in the near future, AND my now 29 pounder who is currently RF in passenger side captain's seat.

My question is: will the installers give me any options as to where to place anchors? Or is it in the "instruction booklet" that comes with the part that tells them where to install? Maybe my question will be clearer if I explain that my concern is my 8 year old who sits in her Parway in the back benchseat passenger side (no shoulder belt in middle of bench)-- will the tether end up obstucting her feet? Will the tether be between her legs (sort of under the bench) or can they install the anchors close to under the captain's sest? Make sense?? :confused: Any other tips from those who have had to have tethor anchors installed? Thank you!!

Jen

ADS

Lea_Ontario

There are going to be specific areas on the vehicle where the anchors can be placed, and they will use those only. The areas are apparently reinforced already for an anchor to be installed.

Dillipop

The only part of where they go that you get to decide is which seats you would like them behind. When I had mine installed, I had to ask for center, driver outboard or passenger outboard. THere are factory installed spots for the tether anchors to attach to in those spots. No choice on that. HTH

By the way, if you can afford it, I highly recommend getting as many installed as you possibly can. THen you are not limited to just using the 2 spots you have tethers and you don't have to go back at a later date to have more installed.

nisi

Senior Community Member
By the way, if you can afford it, I highly recommend getting as many installed as you possibly can. THen you are not limited to just using the 2 spots you have tethers and you don't have to go back at a later date to have more installed.

Ditto. D/C will install them for free, so get them everywhere they're available (assuming they have enough parts on hand) That way you'll have maximum flexibility. If they don't have enough for everywhere, be sure to specify where they should go. I didn't and I got two outboard when I wanted center so I had to bring it back.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the anchors for the 2nd row will be on the floor behind the seat, which may get in the way. Let's hope my memory is failing me and I'm wrong!

Sharlene

Senior Community Member
You should give the Regent another try in the rear row. I could get mine in my 96 Grand Voyager but there were a few tricks. First I would be sure the seat slid all the way back. (It slid to make more or less cargo room.) Next, recline the seat quite a bit while installing the seat. That should give you enough room with the seat belt. Finally, you can put the seat back up and slide the seat forward if you want. It would not move a bit after that!

I agree with the other posters--get tether anchors in all spots. It makes it so much easier when switching seats around, trying new seats, and taking other kids with.

Sharlene
CPST

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC