Cosco Scenera rfing 5-35lbs ff to 40lbs review

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Ok we've been using this seat for about 2 months or so now, i've used it most of the time rfing in my '03 land rover discovery and it's outboard on the passanger side using seat belt instulation. We tried latch but the LATCH bars on the pasangerside are off center so to say and i wasn't able to fit 3 across when needed with it, also it's a tighter insulation with seatbelt vs latch. although ff latch is tighter then seat belt...
I have also instuled it in my dh's police cruiser ffing with seat belt instulation which is a crown vic. '02 great rock solid... i don't use the boot for ffing since allie still like to recline some (this is ok right?)
Let see what eles, hum...i did put abby in it once rfing she fits still with about 1 inch growth from the top of the seat and on the highest harness sols rfing, she doesn't fit ffing in it as the top solts are below her sholders. I do wish it had more padding or some ESP foam... but dd doesn't seem to mind at all. i do beleive when allison out grows it rfing at 35lbs she will long have since out grown it ffing by hight do the solts... but it will serve it's purose by then and she'll more to a new seat.
That's all i can think of, you can see pics of the scenera in the link in my siggy. enjoy!

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
AFAIK, carseats are not allowed in police vehicles with barriers. If your husband's cruiser has a barrier between the back and the front, it is not safe for your child to ride in the back.

nisi

Senior Community Member
i don't use the boot for ffing since allie still like to recline some (this is ok right?)

If you mean you installed it forward facing but left the little foot/kickstand folded in so it can be more reclined, than NO, that isn't ok. You must install it in the upright position for forward facing.

Simplysomething

If you mean you installed it forward facing but left the little foot/kickstand folded in so it can be more reclined, than NO, that isn't ok. You must install it in the upright position for forward facing.

I'm looking at my scenera manual, pg 33 in the FORWARD-FACING use section.

In the forward-facing position the child restraint can be used in either the reclined or upright position.

For upright mode, rotate recline stand down and out, then push up to lock.
To recline, pull down on recline stand and rotate up into shell.

I thought the prohibition for the stand was for REAR-FACING use section
Pg 25, rear-facing section:
To use rear-facing the restraint MUST be fully reclined

(recline stand is a stupid name...if you use it, you're not reclining the seat. lol)

(I have two sceneras, I keep one manual in the diaper bag and one at the desk...yeah. I'm a dork)

nisi

Senior Community Member
My mistake, sorry. I must be thinking of the Touriva manual (and just about every other convertible on the market) Nevermind.

babychild taxi

FF recline

Hi,

I have a Regal Ride/Touriva FF in the recline mode as manual says it's okay. It gives me a rock solid install with LATCH, something I couldn't do when fully upright.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
AFAIK, carseats are not allowed in police vehicles with barriers. If your husband's cruiser has a barrier between the back and the front, it is not safe for your child to ride in the back.

No barriers... he did when he started on the force a few months ago and traded with a guy for one with out, i mean sorry if we can have a car to drive someplaces with free gas (a perk of the job) then we are going to take it!!!

thanks for the info on the foot, I though i was reading the manual right... but wanted to be sure! :)

nisi

Senior Community Member
Weird. I wonder if it was changed at some point. I could swear that isn't in my Touriva manual, but it's on long-term loan to SIL so I can't check (in fact I may never see that manual again...). Just reinforces the importance of always reading the manual, even if you think you already know what it says :)

musicmaj

I have a scenera as a spare seat for my little 17 month old. He fits great in it. It is easy to install with the seat belt - I haven't tried the latch. I love that it has 4 sets of harness slots to give a better fit. I will be using this seat primarily as a rear facing seat. When he is too big to rear face he will probably be moved to a radian. However, he is so small that he should fit rear facing for a long, long, time.

LiLBunz

I bought two today and while the boys fit in them well, I wasnt thrilled with the almost total lack of padding. I needed these to be rear facing and maybe its my truck ('97 chevy suburban) but it was not a good tight hold. The seat kept falling forward. Im sure a noodle in there might have helped. Perhaps Im used to my super heavy, sturdy Evenflo Triumph that fits well rear facing and needs no noodle. You get what you pay for. $39.00 compared to $120.00 ;) This seat, in my opinion, was very flimsy and hard, not comfy at all.

Needless to day, I put them both back in the box and returned them before even leaving the parking lot. I think Ill save my money for a week or two and get a higher quality seat.

Trisha - still searching for the perfect car seats!
Benjamin 5 years old, 32-33 lbs, 14 1/4" torso height, 21" tall
David 2 1/3 years old, 27 lbs, 12 1/2" torso height, 23" tall
Christopher 3 months old, 13.5 lbs

www.lilbunz.com
Parenting Naturally

We have one of these seats and have been using it for about 3 or 4 months. I think for the $$ they are an AWESOME seat. I mean, come on, the least expensive seat on the market rear-faces longer than a Britax? I'll take that! (Plus I can't do a Britax). There's not a lot of padding and no EPS foam, but neither of my girls every complained on any of our long or short trips. It does have a little shorter shell, which means it could be outgrown by height sooner, but it also means it fits well in tight places. I did a seatbelt with locking clip install to keep it from tipping. I love the fact that I can recommend it to my friends who need a new seat and I don't feel like I'm sending them down doom road with the price.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC