Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

New seats for Thing1 and Thing2

My seats:
    3 MAs
    1 Como
    1 Vivo
    2 SS1

Kids up for analysis:

Dean (Thing 1): He is 22 months, and about 33lbs, gaining steadily. He is currently RFing in a MA. Has plenty of head room, he's just freaking heavy. I only have both these guys twice a week, probably down to once a week when I get an RN position. So....do I invest in a MR65 or just turn him FFing when he hits 35? He's FFing in his parents car.

Ava (Thing 2): She's almost 5 and 42lbs. Currently in a Como because she's right at the harness slots in the MA. Has an inch or so in the Como. I don't want to put her in a booster, but I really really hate the Como.

I'm thinking of selling the Como and getting something else. What I WANT is to get the cute new pink and brown MR65 and put Ava in it, but are the harness slots comparable to the MA or the Como? I don't care if she doesn't get very long out of it...I just wanna play.

I know what is logical is to get her a Nautilus or something. Boo. And what about Dean? I feel crappy turning him at 2. But I can't afford two new seats right now. Unless I also sell a MA and a SS1.....
    -Alicia, CPST, RN!-
    Lady to the Mister, mama to my little Shrimptastic birthday present, Liam (7/29/10), and my v2.0, Declan (9/14/13). Rockin' a Nextfit, BeLogic, and Aton2.

http://ashortstorymadelong.blogspot.com

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: New seats for Thing1 and Thing2

I'd get a MR for the boy, and keep the girl in the Como.
    "If you don't know how to fix it, please stop breaking it." Severn Suzuki, age 12

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Oh, come on, you know you want a MR AND a Nauti.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 12, Bridget, 10, Maggie, 8, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

And be the Graco-mobile? Jeez.
    -Alicia, CPST, RN!-
    Lady to the Mister, mama to my little Shrimptastic birthday present, Liam (7/29/10), and my v2.0, Declan (9/14/13). Rockin' a Nextfit, BeLogic, and Aton2.

http://ashortstorymadelong.blogspot.com