Name that car seat! AKA~ May's recycling trip

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Here is what I recycling this time. 25 seats total + 2 extra bases.

IMG_8524.jpg

Here are a few pics of the recycling center. There were 600 seats recycled that day.

IMG_8532.jpg

IMG_8531.jpg

My seats, now inside.

IMG_8535.jpg

Taking them outside to the dumpsters to be hauled away.

IMG_8530.jpg

ADS

Pixels

Well, I haven't been around long enough to be any good at "name that carseat" but I can identify a couple. I see two BabyTrend infant seats, one is on a LatchLoc base (the other you can't see the base in the pic) and an extra LatchLoc base, an Evenflo infant seat, a SnugRide base, cover and canopy (but no seat?), and an Evenflo Triumph (Advance?). And I'm pretty sure I see a naked Century convertible.

Nice haul!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes, there is a cover/canopy with the car seat. The cover was recalled, or I would have done it FFS. Come on, what about the other 575 seats?

Andie

Is it true that they are stopping the program at Legacy? I posted my usual FYI on CL and I got a email from someone who took her old seats there and they took them, but told her that they are not doing it anymore.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Tammy didn't tell me that. I got to see her while I was there. I take mine straight to the recycling center, not to a hospital. That was I know they are off the streets, and I get to play in the car seats! I can take anything I want!

Pixels

I was only looking at the ones in the first pic. The other 575 seats ... probably at least one of everything, except the more rare seats (Radians) or newer ones (TF, MyRide).

That cover was recalled? Do you know why? I'm pretty sure it's the same one that I listed here on swap FFS some time ago. I didn't even think to check if there were any cover-related recalls on that seat.

Andie

Tammy didn't tell me that. I got to see her while I was there. I take mine straight to the recycling center, not to a hospital. That was I know they are off the streets, and I get to play in the car seats! I can take anything I want!

Maybe it was just that hospital then.

Oh, and I spy a shield booster, Breverra & a Triumph Advance(?).

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
That cover was recalled? Do you know why? I'm pretty sure it's the same one that I listed here on swap FFS some time ago. I didn't even think to check if there were any cover-related recalls on that seat.

Yeah, the batting could be pulled out, and be a choking hazard.

Maybe it was just that hospital then.

Oh, and I spy a shield booster, Breverra & a Triumph Advance(?).

Not the Advance, just a regular. Oh, and that shield booster was in use.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Specifically, the batting could be pulled out after washing. They recommended not washing it until you got the replacement. :) (I had that seat. It's gone now-- with the replacement cover, of course.)

Jennee

in the first pic there is a purple-y one in the top right, i had that for tasha to use as a booster.
when it expired we got rid of it (cant remember if we destroyed it) and got 2 of the cheap cosco ones. shes 10 and still using them, although she wants out. these boosters are good till 2012.

Mama Jo

That isn't a 5-point harness, it would be a shield seat with the shield taken off!

That's kinda what I thought it looked like. Though I had no idea what kind it was.... it would be one of those I might be inclined to throw in the attic for 20 years just to pull it back out and post pics of it someday :whistle: lol

libranbutterfly

Top row: Touriva, Eddie Bauer infant seat, 2 evenflo on my ways??, sheild booster, century ff/booster, ????, Triumph

On ground: Babytrend Latchloc, another eddie bauer infant seat, ugly red seat, cosco HBB, two old evenflo OHS?, snugride and extra recalled cover, latchloc base, snugride base, the base of a sheild booster, pink evenflo embrace, and not sure about the one without the cover all the way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC