40 lb RFing Radian?

jrmo

I'm sure this has been adressed recently, but we've been on vacation for the last two weeks, so I am waaaay out of the loop. Right before we left I heard rumor of SK possibly testing the Radian this summer/fall. Any more info on this? DD is 31 pounds and 38 inches in her BLVD and I'm going to need a new seat SOON. TIA!

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
That rumor has been circulating for at least a year now. It may happen now that Graco has a 40# RF seat, but it very well may not. It would be best, IMO, to assume that the Radians will stay at 35# for the immediate future and shop accordingly.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I agree wholeheartedy with Chickabiddy. Russ at Sunshine Kids has been promising for at least TWO years the Radian will be tested to a RF limit of 40 lbs, and it hasn't happened yet. I wouldn't hold my breath. :twocents:

scoutingbear

And here I sit with a 33 lb Radian and an almost 3 year old that wants to ride "backwards" since the seat is installed RF in my car for the little guy we have been babysitting off and on. And at least once a day C throws a tantrum that he can't "ride backwards"

Pixels

From Russ today:
Regarding increased RF limits - as a matter of course we do not discuss what upcoming testing we may or may not be doing. But let's just say that if we were planning to do some testing, it would be on our list of things to do...and if we were planning to do that I may be compiling a list of people who have asked and would be interested in knowing the results.

christineka

So, maybe we should all ask Russ if our names are on the list to be contacted to know the results should there be any?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Nah, leave him alone. Only one person has to be on the list, and they'd share it with us as soon as they hear anything.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC