Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

40 lb RFing Radian?

I'm sure this has been adressed recently, but we've been on vacation for the last two weeks, so I am waaaay out of the loop. Right before we left I heard rumor of SK possibly testing the Radian this summer/fall. Any more info on this? DD is 31 pounds and 38 inches in her BLVD and I'm going to need a new seat SOON. TIA!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crankypants carseatcoach's Avatar

Re: 40 lb RFing Radian?

That rumor has been circulating for at least a year now. It may happen now that Graco has a 40# RF seat, but it very well may not. It would be best, IMO, to assume that the Radians will stay at 35# for the immediate future and shop accordingly.
    CPST and Mama to a 13yo girl, 5-stepped at age 10 and 5'

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

I agree wholeheartedy with Chickabiddy. Russ at Sunshine Kids has been promising for at least TWO years the Radian will be tested to a RF limit of 40 lbs, and it hasn't happened yet. I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

And here I sit with a 33 lb Radian and an almost 3 year old that wants to ride "backwards" since the seat is installed RF in my car for the little guy we have been babysitting off and on. And at least once a day C throws a tantrum that he can't "ride backwards"
    Karen
    A: 11 C: 9 M1: 5 M2: 6 months
    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Black"]

From Russ today:
    Regarding increased RF limits - as a matter of course we do not discuss what upcoming testing we may or may not be doing. But let's just say that if we were planning to do some testing, it would be on our list of things to do...and if we were planning to do that I may be compiling a list of people who have asked and would be interested in knowing the results.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

So, maybe we should all ask Russ if our names are on the list to be contacted to know the results should there be any?
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 16 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 13 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 11 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 9 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (frontier), and dd5 age 1 (rfing radian r120)

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Nah, leave him alone. Only one person has to be on the list, and they'd share it with us as soon as they hear anything.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good