Figured I'd intro myself (since I am apparently sticking around/addicted to CPS now)

Synchro246

So I'm the annoying one;) with a billion and one questions.
I live in Florida. You can see in my siggy that I have a toddler and am pregnant again.
My friends know me as being a safety buff (they make fun of me because of it actually) so it's not surprising that I would be so interested by all of this. One of my best friends (kline hexe) started posting here right before I did (thanks, Ness, for getting me all obsessed).

I am big into swimming. I teach (taught- more before kids)swim lessons. I am also a certified pool operator. My mom teaches water safety, cpr, lifeguarding, swim instruction, et.al. I want her to become a CPS tech. It would fit right in. She often teaches foster parents watersafety and cpr because it's required and I bet car seat checks are also required (and nothing is better than one stop shopping!)
I'm also into women's health issues and went to midwifery school for a year (before dropping out pregnant). I will return to midwifery when my kids are older (15 years or more). I figure I do better at both if I don't have to do both at the same time.

Anyway, That's me.

Thanks everyone for the GREAT forum!

ADS

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
Welcome! I have not been here to long but I get my cert. at the end of the month. its a great place to get so much info! and everyone here is so sweet!

Clarissa

skipspin

Cool, someone else from the state fo FL. (Which has some of the crappiest car seat laws in the nation! A four year old in a seat belt, c'mon!)

Anyway, interrestingly enough I work for an infant swimming teacher from home part time, was a lifeguard for years, have a 3 yr old, and am pg. LOL. So, I wonder how far away from eachother we are? (I am a CPS tech too!) Oh, I'm having my baby at a birth center with a midwife. Hmmm, scary!

~Joy
mommy and CPS tech

scatterbunny

Welcome, Laura. :D I'm Jenny, also known to my friends as the safety buff. ;) I'm not around here as much as I used to be (no home 'net), but this place is my "home" online. I've learned so much here and love to help out others. Hope to get to know you better!

Tara

Hiya, welcome!

I'm the safety/car seat *freak* too.
I've gotten used to the eyerolls by now LOL
but I never get used to the ignorance or lack of concern when presented with facts :(

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
Hiya, welcome!

I'm the safety/car seat *freak* too.
I've gotten used to the eyerolls by now LOL
but I never get used to the ignorance or lack of concern when presented with facts :(

This is what drives me crazy! I had one lady complaining about her kids boosters they were 3 and 4 and tiny and II said really they are too small for them to be safe and she scoffed at me and said they were fine in them! I just dont get it!!!!!!!

ok sorry to hijack!LOL

CLarissa

Synchro246

Cool, someone else from the state fo FL. (Which has some of the crappiest car seat laws in the nation! A four year old in a seat belt, c'mon!)

Anyway, interrestingly enough I work for an infant swimming teacher from home part time, was a lifeguard for years, have a 3 yr old, and am pg. LOL. So, I wonder how far away from eachother we are? (I am a CPS tech too!) Oh, I'm having my baby at a birth center with a midwife. Hmmm, scary!

~Joy
mommy and CPS tech

I am in the Tampa area.
I am using Labor of Love.

This is weird.

Twinny

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Welcome :D

How funny -- I grew up in a family of safety nuts (prosthetists & EMTs, etc.) but few have yet come to appreciate my CPS info.... Really frustrating. Anyway, I used to help coach diving lessons & am finishing childbirth educator certification this summer, was an emergency foster parent for bit & am doing my ECE internship next fall :)

I used to live in St. Pete forever ago before I had my lisence so I never learned the geography there (it's not my best sbuject anyway, LOL) :rolleyes:

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
Hello! I'm pretty new around here too...I took the CPS tech course at the end of September and am waiting for my certification to come through officially!

I grew up in Florida (Orlando). Moved away for college when I graduated high school and have lived in the West ever since...but my family still lives in Orlando.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC