K, srsly going to lose my mind.

menfusse

I can NOT decide what seat to get. I went to BRU and to a local family run store that carried Recaro, Sunshine kids, and Britax. We tried EVERY seat to find one comfy for DD's g-tube so I can get rid of this darn TF. The best fit RF was Britax followed closely by a Radian. Now, if I could convince myself to turn her FF, the YS was an awsome fit.

The graco set ups work well too, actually. But, and I'm ducking, but I hated the MR65. It felt, I dunno, kind of cheap and I just can't see it getting any kid but a short, rounder kid to 40lbs RF. DD had plenty of room, but I really did not like the way the seat felt at all. :confused: The GN, was a good fit too, but then there's that whole turning her FF thing and I've read that head flop is killer in those and she's a snoozer.

She also fit very very well in a coccoro, but $200 for that little thing...I don't think I can bring myself to do it, lol. But I could have stood there and petted it all day. :whistle:

Now, another seat I have considered, but didn't get to see in person was the Recaro Signo. They store I was in didn't have one instock just at the moment and I won't be back there for a month or so. I'd like to get something before then. Has anybody had the Signo and the YS? Are the buckle/harness set ups similar? I would say FF and RF makes a big difference in fit though. Ugh...the whole car seat shopping thing is a love/hate relationship.

Oh, and I read there is something kind of off on the Radian XT's with the head wings and RF/harness positions. Do you use the wings?

ADS

dawnp15

I'm sorry i can't help answer any of your questions, but was wondering if you could answer one for me:love:. My DD has a g-tube also she's only 6months ( 3months corrected age) but i was wondering what problems you are running into with carseats and her g-tube? So far her infant seat dosn't seem to bother her yet. She has a mickey button g-tube and i hope she won't have it for very much longer. So then i won't have to worry about it when i put her in a convertable seat. Thanks for any help!!!

menfusse

I'm sorry i can't help answer any of your questions, but was wondering if you could answer one for me:love:. My DD has a g-tube also she's only 6months ( 3months corrected age) but i was wondering what problems you are running into with carseats and her g-tube? So far her infant seat dosn't seem to bother her yet. She has a mickey button g-tube and i hope she won't have it for very much longer. So then i won't have to worry about it when i put her in a convertable seat. Thanks for any help!!!
It's just a fit issue apparently. We have a MicKey too. For every kid, depending on the anatomy, the button will be in a slightly different place. We did not have an issue, nor did I even think it would be an issue until getting our current seat a few months go. We have a True Fit. I think it's the combination of the crotch buckle length, the depth of the seat, the angle of the seat back and of course my dd's anatomy. Her button gets caught, and I have to move it, a little forcefully to buckle her. It's making her sore. Prior to this seat we had a Britax Decathlon. We had no problems with the g-tube. I didn't really give it any thought when we had to replace the seat due to an accident and ordered the True Fit without trying it. I'm now having to replace this seat with a seat that fits, and it turns out most of the seats we tried are better than the TF for my DD, though there were a few that fit the best hands down. It will be different with every kid, and many may never have an issue. So, when the time comes, if your dd still has her button when you need a convertible, I'd take her to a store with a large selection and try her in different seats just to make sure there's no issue.

firemomof3

Here are pictures of the Signo & Young Sport, the buckle is different. Please note that in the 1st picture the harness straps are slightly abover her shoulders which is wrong! When she fell asleep and slouched the harness was obviously too high. I changed the harness height so that it was below her shoulders even when she was asleep.

museumtrip015.jpg

kadensparty017.jpg

ajanes

When my niece had her g-tube she was in a Decathalon. She had no issues with it. I know that is what you had but it worked well for her. She is in a RN now but I believe she got that after she had her g-tube removed around age 2.5 years. HTH!

menfusse

When my niece had her g-tube she was in a Decathalon. She had no issues with it. I know that is what you had but it worked well for her. She is in a RN now but I believe she got that after she had her g-tube removed around age 2.5 years. HTH!
Yea, I know I can always go back to a Britax, but I just wanted a change. No logical reason behind it, lol.:whistle: I'm skeered to order anything I've not tried, both in my vehicle for install and for fit with my dd. We have a Jeep Commander and despite it's size on the outside, there's not a whole lot of room on the inside, front to back, for RF seats. I was leaning toward the Radian for a center install next to dd's booster. We could lay the back over the front seats and give the driver (mostly my 6'2" dh) a little more room. But, I didn't try a seat belt install, and though my dd is so small that we won't have to worry about LATCH limits anytime soon, it's still something I'd like to know. I know that the Britax will install either way. Ugh. Then there's the whole matching seats thing, lol. Older DD just got a Vivo, originally for grandma's car, and decided she likes it better than her Monterey so we switched. They could have matching seats if I got the Signo:whistle:.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC