Strollers for Childcare Puzzle

LeeLi

Here's the ultimate stroller logic puzzle for all you experts, I'm more of a baby wearer so strollers are new to me.

I'm opening a childcare in the fall and plan to have up to 8 kids under 2. Of those 8 probably 2-3 will be too young to walk at all, another 2-3 will need to ride most of the time, and the rest will need a ride sometimes. I want to be able to take everyone for a walk or a ride on the light rail at the same time. There will be a minimum of three adults to push/carry but at least one adult needs to be free from pushing a stroller in order to walk with the older kids. All three of the adults could baby wear if needed.

I have the needed baby carriers already but do not have any strollers. Cost is important but easily maneuverable and durable are also important. My budget is 400$ max and I'm open to any stroller or even wagons.

ADS

vonfirmath

Keep watching Craigslist. Honestly, your budget is probably too low for needing 6-8 seats in 2 strollers.

You also might want to think what your parents will think about you taking the kids out (Particularly so far as to do light rail). I'm glad I have found a childcare worker who is not wanting to take the kids on all sorts of outing because the idea makes me very nervous with the ages she is dealing with here.

8 kids under 2! When our nursery takes that many out at church, they don't go any further than the grass right outside the church and they have *4* workers, plus more adults in hailing range if needed. 2 hands for 2 kids. (They do have a 6-seater stroller as well. I've seen it packed away in a closet)

emandbri

From the site it looks like she is opening a child care center. She isn't planning to do home child care with 8 kids under 2. I don't think any state would allow that anyway!

LeeLi

From the site it looks like she is opening a child care center. She isn't planning to do home child care with 8 kids under 2. I don't think any state would allow that anyway!

Actually I'm opening a certified family child care, which can have up to 16 kids in a home. It's regulated very much like a center though so same idea.

And of course there will be enough adult supervison and parent permision if we ever take the kids out of the back yard.

I know about bye-bye buggies and the foundations quad stroller but am looking for a more creative solution.

Exactly how bad are duo-gliders? What about the combi double or the safety first jogger?

rochelle

Exactly how bad are duo-gliders? What about the combi double or the safety first jogger?

the Light Rail system very near my home does not allow any strollers on the light rail. it is stated in their website that only folded strollers are allowed.

the light rail driver refuse to let me board the train with my 2 boys unless I fold my stroller before bringing it onto the light rail train.

the nice ones will let me fold the stroller after my boys are sitted on the train but it still has to be folded.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC