Any reason to not buy after-market belly pad cover (non-manufacturer)?

kristenbelle

I've read all the reasons behind not using covers that are not manufacturer covers, but does this extend to belly pads? We've lost the one for our Shannon Boulevard and I'd need to buy a whole new seat cover if I want the belly pad to match. I've seen some belly pads on Ebay that are chenille or other fabric that would blend better than the gray or black or brown that Britax sells just in belly pads. Any reason to steer clear of these? I still have the comfort pads (the ones that go above the chestplate) and will continue to use them. It's just the belly pad that I need to replace.

Thanks!

ADS

brittany741

Fire retardency and the fabric might not be the same thickness which could contribute to compression in a collision.

Non-regulated products do not need to meet any specific standards. For what it's worth, you don't need a belly pad and might even get a better fit without it.

WhatAboutPuppy

I've actually got 2 black ones that my 5.5 year old is working really hard on loosing because he finds them annoying and has removed them.

Ok, yes I'm aware that it is my job to take the pads from the two cars and put them somewhere safe or in a ziplock bag and taped to the back of the seat or something... but why? it's way easier to blame him when they become lost??

Have you tried the fit of the seat without it at all?? You might like it better also?

But I was thinking that even that little piece is still sprayed with the flame juice like the other pieces so it might matter? And the point about the piece being to thick or something, I wouldn't see why it would be bad if it was less fluffy (cuz you can go without and be safe) I'd only be concerned if it was MORE fluffy.

:)

kristenbelle

We've been using the seat just fine without the belly pad for months and months. However, the summer months are looming here, and DD2 is just recently out of diapers. And I'm feeling protective of her little legs and tummy with regard to a hot buckle. I've started to use white towels to cover the seats to keep them cooler, but my main impetus in wanting to replace the belly pad is to protect her little legs/tummy/crotch from being burned in any way.

jujumum

Do you have a spare Britax cover with a belly pad that you could borrow the pad from? That's what I'm thinking of doing for one of my seats that doesn't have a belly pad.

tjham

I used a round thinnish pot holder with a slit in it last summer for a little girl who wore mostly short shorts, dresses, skorts and swimsuits! I figure pot holders are usually somewhat flame retardant and it was pretty thin. But maybe even a wash cloth (maybe with a slit in it?) would help protect bare inner thighs :eek:.

*jen*

Wow I never even thought about this(I swear I learn so much on this site!) My DD is out of diapers now too and that buckle is going to get hot this summer. Ekkk. I just got her a GN(still in the box). Does this have a "belly pad" or something to keep the heat away??

kristenbelle

Wow I never even thought about this(I swear I learn so much on this site!) My DD is out of diapers now too and that buckle is going to get hot this summer. Ekkk. I just got her a GN(still in the box). Does this have a "belly pad" or something to keep the heat away??

Yes, the GN has a belly pad. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC