Radian 65 Cover

*jen*

My parents have a Radian 65 for their car, about a year and a half old, so not the new 2008 model. It is the dark grey/light grey model. I got it out of their car so I can try it in mine before buying a second one and noticed that the cover at the top on both sides is coming off exposing the seat and styrofoam. It is curled up and I can't seem to pull it back to have it recover the seat. It is connected with a clip in the middle, but not on the sides. Is there any solution to this issue? I know my DD can't even reach that high up, but it is just ugly! I want the cover to stay on!!

ADS

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It is a bit of a tricky design - there is no positive connection on the top corners for the cover, it's just supposed to stretch over and hold. You may want to try undoing the snaps at the back of the seating area to give you a little more play when stretching the cover up. :shrug-shoulders:

HTH! :)

*jen*

Oh no! That is horrible. Is it the same for the 2008 models?? I tried again tonight to get the sides back up but no go. They are down really badly. UGH!

*jen*

No one else is severly irritated by the 65 cover?? Wow. Mine is really badly off. I never knew because it is in my parents' car, but both sides are falling all the way off exposing the foam all the way down to where her head starts or there abouts. This is making me not want to get another RN for my car. I love how low profile it is, but maybe I should just get another GN or get a Marathon and then a booster when she is ready for that.... Man, I thought I had this all figured out! :(

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
No one else is severly irritated by the 65 cover??

Sorry, Jen. :eek: I don't really have that issue with either of my two covers - they both stay on pretty well. :shrug-shoulders: Is it possible your cover has been in the dryer and it has shrunk? Maybe take a photo and post it - it might be something really simple that we can solve.

Wish I could be of more help! :)

*jen*

Nope, we've never washed it, but it has sat in the hot sun alot. We are in CA, so it does get warm here and my dad rarely garages his car. I'll try and take a picture tonight. It is only a year and a half old. I wanted to get one that I could pass down to my son since the seat lasts 8 years, but if this is what happens to the cover I think I'll have to pass. My DD's Britax is 3 years old and the cover still looks great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC