What seat is this?

U

Unregistered

My cousin got a car seat from a friend. The car seat is Evenflo. It is navy blue on the out side parts of the cover and plaid with tan in the middle. It rear faces to 35 pounds and forward faces to 40. Its has a black thing one the bottom (a boot?) that moves for forward or rear facing. It has one really low slot and then two that are higher and closer together. It has a five point harness. The chest plate is one where you have to put the strap through yourself on one side. Its looks kind of old and dingy but I am not sure if its because it wasn't taken care of or if its old and expired. Any idea on what it is?

ADS

Maedze

My cousin got a car seat from a friend. The car seat is Evenflo. It is navy blue on the out side parts of the cover and plaid with tan in the middle. It rear faces to 35 pounds and forward faces to 40. Its has a black thing one the bottom (a boot?) that moves for forward or rear facing. It has one really low slot and then two that are higher and closer together. It has a five point harness. The chest plate is one where you have to put the strap through yourself on one side. Its looks kind of old and dingy but I am not sure if its because it wasn't taken care of or if its old and expired. Any idea on what it is?

It sounds like it's probably a Tribute, except that those rearface to 30, not 35.

U

Unregistered

The chest plate is grey and different from the one in the picture although everything else looks similar. Is it just and older model then?

Maedze

Yes, if it has the paperclip style chest clip, it would be an older model. I can't get to the pictorial right now, but she should check the manufacturing date to make sure it's not expired.

christineka

My institutional model tribute (from safe kids) had a paperclip chest clip. I never could find any tribute that looked like it online, probably because it was specially made, stripped down just for organizations like safe kids. Mine was manufactured in 2005. It rear-faces to 30 pounds and forward faces to 40.

I found the paperclip chest clip to be a pain and way too easy for a baby to undo. I ordered the two piece chest clip and the eps foam from evenflo. The tribute is one of those seats with nothes in the plastic where an overhead sheild would attach. The notches have been found to be unsafe without eps foam covering it up. I spent $9 total for the chest clip and eps foam.

christineka

The new Tributes RF to 35 lbs.

Are you sure? I asked evenflo if the new tribute rfed to 35 pounds and I was told "no".
Amazon, albeebaby, and BRUS all agree that it rfes to 30 pounds. Just BRUS claims it ffes to 50 pounds. These were the new seats with four slots and cute covers too.

Evenflo's website says it rfes to 30 and ffes to 40.

It is the titan that increased its rfing limit from 30-35 pounds.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yep, the new version RFs to 35 pounds and FFs to 50, but I don't think those have a paperclip chestclip (unless maybe it's an institutional model, not sure if the limits went up on those or not).

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yep. I was surprised when I read the car seat. They also changed to harness adjuster. which I am very happy with! I plan to do a before/after on this car seat. I wish I had a before, but I can atleast take pics of the after.

christineka

I'll have to check it out. I did notice at BRUS that the new tribute is not the same as the one I have with an added set of harness slots. The seat looks more like the titan. It sure isn't as thin as the old tribute.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC