MR65 Impressions at BRU tonight...

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
They had the tan with polka dots (they are blue, not green) cover sitting on the floor, no space for it yet on the shelves! And I had no camera, sorry! :eek:

Ds is about 3.75, about 40" and 38 lbs. You can see in my sig a recent pic of him in his EFTA...LOTS of growing room left above his head. (Might he too small to see.) And lots of shoulder room in the EFTA along with thigh support.

In the MR he was squished in through the shoulders and the top of his head was at the top of the shell. Outgrown rf'ing by a long shot. I can't begin to imagine him in this seat up to anything close to 65lbs. Less thigh support, shorter seat base than his EFTA.

I have to say I wasn't a huge fan. My guess is that ds would have outgrown this seat by height (long torso) before outgrowing the EFTA by weight. For about the same price I'd happily buy another EFTA.

Now the Frontier OTOH, I fell in love with...and so did ds. I have no need for it right now but it's the first Britax I've ever considered purchasing. I'd need to try it out in my van first, though, if it's one of the killer installs forget it! LOL

:twocents:

ADS

NannyMom

A my ride that is tan with blue dots?! :confused: We've never seen this one. Sure it wasn't the Roundabout 50?

fyrfightermomma

Not trying it in your car can be deceiving as well. My own 40" DD gained about 2-3 inches once it was installed. It fits VERY differently outside the car vs inside the car. She didn't fit RFing in the store but if you see my other thread, in a vehicle, she has 2-3 inches to go RFing and plenty of room FFing.

I thought BRU only had the brown ugly one I have :confused:

CTPDMom

It most definitely wasn't a RA50 but might have been a CozyCline. The tag said Graco and then ds climbed in on top of the tag so I didn't read further. It's definitely possible. It doesn't look exactly like the pic but now that I think about it there appears to be an infant insert in the CC pic that wasn't on the seat we tried out...so maybe that's why?

That would certainly explain why it seemed mighty small for a 65lbs seat! LOL

I will have to go back and investigate... :eek: I'll bring my camera this time just in case it WAS a MR.

NannyMom

The CC and MR look alot alike :) WHen we first got the MR, they had it on the shelf next to the CC. But no boxes of MR on the shelf. But there was a box of CC underneath, halfway between the CC and MR. I pushed it further over so people wouldn't buy it thinking it was a MR ;)

CTPDMom

LOL...thanks for trying to make me feel better! I think my excitement got the best of me, I suspect that it wasn't a MR now. But I'm going to go back and check just to be sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC