My Ride Hits Seattle!

L

LuciaBella

Hey guys,
So I have a review that everyone has been waiting for...but I haven't uploaded my pictures yet, so I will do that later tonight or tomorrow.

I called the Lynnwood BRU and they had no clue what the my ride is. When I went down to South Center, I asked the lady if they had the new Graco seat and she knew EXACTLY what I was talking about!

SO, now that I have everyone's hopes up and I have no pictures....I will post again later Sorry!

ADS

scuby20

oh wow, can't wait to see pics....I don't think it will work for my DD due to height..but I guess I could always run up to south center and try her in it.

DahliaRW

Oh neat! I'll be down at Ikea on Thursday, so I may have to swing by to try my ds's in just for fun (though I'm sure it'll only confirm that the shell is WAY too short).

scuby20

let me know if anyone with a tall kid tries it out. I will try to get up there this weekend (I'm in Olympia) but not sure if I'll have time...trying to get the baby's room ready before he arrives. I'm very interested in it..though I am really thinking it isn't going to be tall enough..since my DD is almost too tall for her britax.

xursusmaritimusx

let me know if anyone with a tall kid tries it out. I will try to get up there this weekend (I'm in Olympia) but not sure if I'll have time...trying to get the baby's room ready before he arrives. I'm very interested in it..though I am really thinking it isn't going to be tall enough..since my DD is almost too tall for her britax.

if your DD is almost too tall for the britax it probably wont be a good choice because the harness is a smidge lower than the britax and so is the shell height.

http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=83563

http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=84172

http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=83968

http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=84093

http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=84100

Really, the search feature that c-s.o provides is really great, try it! :thumbsup:

P1ally

And we still don't have it here.. I even stopped at a BRU in LA on my way home from a taping of Ellen on monday.. ARG GET HERE NOW!

"I'm sorry ma'am, the graco myra? What??"

:doh:

L

LuciaBella

OK guys I have pics, but how do I embed them into a post so there isn't a link but the actual picture? I uploaded them onto photobucket

L

LuciaBella

OK So...here it goes
Car Stats: 1987 Volvo 240 GL station wagon
Lucia: 32lbs, 37inches and I'm not sure about seated height, and she turns 3 TODAY!!!
Bella: 19.5lbs, not sure how tall, but seated height is 11inches. Bella turned 15 months on the 11th.

This is Lucia in the MR65 on the BRU bench.
P1050814.jpg

LOVE THE LEG ROOM!!!
P1050815.jpg

She is on the 3nd slot from the top for rear facing
P1050816.jpg

Nice face Lucia!
P1050817.jpg

This is the top of her head. She had poofy hair that day, so...she has about 3 inches from the top.
P1050819.jpg

This is without my hand
P1050820.jpg

Here's the MR in my car - not installed didn't have time. Not a whole lot of clearance for a child to get in...
P1050832.jpg

Here it is dominating my radian
P1050831.jpg

I had to push the Radian over to be able to shut the door. This thing is HUGE
P1050830.jpg

After a potty accident (not in the car seat thank god) and a change of clothes, here is Lucia in the MR
P1050834.jpg

P1050835.jpg

Leg room for comparison...
P1050837.jpg

Last edited:

kidrepair

What are Lucia's stats? I didn't notice any posts with her age and size, thanks...still hoping my 2.5 yr. old will fit...

L

LuciaBella

It actually had the same leg room as the Radian which I love. In the Radian Lucia is a over the sides kind of girl but in the MR she seemed more comfy.

Here is Baby Bella in the MR
Only ONE crotch position!?!?
P1050821.jpg

She's got a good 5-6 inches
P1050823.jpg

She would be on the 4th slot from the top (out of 5) but I didn't have time to switch it
She has a very short fuse
P1050824.jpg

For forward facing, she is on the same slot as Lucia was for rear facing (3rd from the top) Not that I'm crazy enough to put her FF or anything. She's barely 20 lbs.
P1050825.jpg

Bella can't even touch the BRU bench. Lots of leg room for her!
P1050826.jpg

This seat is very nice for napping, no head slumping or anything. I love it!
P1050827.jpg

For comparison, Bella is still on the middle slots on her SS1
P1050843.jpg

Notice the legs over the side...How can kids be so flexible!?
P1050846.jpg

Lots of lost space with the RN next to the SS1
P1050847.jpg

Bella <3's her SS1!
P1050849.jpg

It took me a while to figure out the recline mechanism. See those grey things? You flip them.
This is for FF mode
P1050851.jpg

This is for RF Mode
P1050852.jpg

Lucia in her RN from the side
P1050813.jpg

Leg room in the Marathon...not very impressed
DSC_4258.jpg

You can kind of tell here in my 3 across pic that the Marathon doesnt quite encase the Radian as much as the MR. Yes I know Lucia's chest clip is too low.
P1050665.jpg

SO thats it! For those of you who LOOOVE pics...here you go!

L

LuciaBella

What are Lucia's stats? I didn't notice any posts with her age and size, thanks...still hoping my 2.5 yr. old will fit...

Car Stats: 1987 Volvo 240 GL station wagon
Lucia: 32lbs, 37inches and I'm not sure about seated height, and she turns 3 TODAY!!!
Bella: 19.5lbs, not sure how tall, but seated height is 11inches. Bella turned 15 months on the 11th.

scuby20

so what do you think the difference is in inches for Lucia of remaining height on the MR vs the Radian??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC