MyRide65 - would you buy?

kangato2roos

Would you buy a MyRide65 just to rear-face a 3 year 8 month old boy who weighs between 29-32 pounds at any given time of any given day? He's 37 inches tall with a roughly 14 inch torso. My local BRU doesn't have it in stock yet. When it comes in I'm going to try him out to see how well he fits. He currently has a Marathon with plenty of grow room, except he fluctuates so close to the rear-facing limit I have him forward facing.

I'm undecided. I'd love to turn him rear-facing again and if he fits with room to grow, I could work it into the budget without too much problem. My husband supports the idea but wanted me to get some opinions from "that carseat board you're on all the time". :p

ADS
:eek: Yes! I want to turn back my 4 year 4 month old, 35 pounds, 41 inches tall, 14.5 inch torso. He was turned around at almost 4 forward facing.
He loves rearfacing. :)

That said, I think he is too tall to it to Rearface. I could be wrong, but according to the BRU bench where I installed the seat he doesn't have much growing room. I am going to try it out in my car first ;-)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
No, if I already had an adequate seat, I would not buy a new seat to rear-face a 3y8m child. (I don't think it's a bad idea, and I would never recommend AGAINST it, but I personally would not choose to do it.)

lotsolove

I would if he fit, but then again, I am really jonesin for a multi-tech to rf my almost 5, 42 in 42 lb 16.5 in torso girl:D. its a personal choice an if he likes rf, and he fits, go for it. its not a super expensive seat and there are coupons out right now for 15-20% off.
lotsolove
mom to
dd1 L 4 ff radian 65
dd2 K 2 rf scenera
dd3 J 11m ss1

fyrfightermomma

If he fits and you have the cash laying around I don't see why not. It's a cheap enough seat and if you hate it you can resell it.

I just bought one yesterday and my 40" 3y10m fits in it. She has a 14.5" torso and has plenty of growing room. However it seems to be a "phantom seat" as others with the same or smaller torso's have less growing room and some have more. It fits all kids and all cars differently so make sure you take it out to your car

jujumum

I am in the exact same position as you! My 33lb, 3.5 yr, 41" tall dd wants to rf like her brother, but needs to ff as she is at the max of the BV. I am waiting until the end of June to see if the Radian is going to 'really' be tested for 40lbs rf (as Russ has apparently been saying), as I'd rather buy a Radian than a MyRide, and waiting to try a MR out in person to see how dd fits.

If by the end of June, I find out that the Radian is for sure not going to come out with a 40lb rf , and dd has at least 2-3" above her head in growing room rf, and the Fanta Grape (I mean Alma :eek:) cover isn't too overwhelming in person, then I'll probaby get one.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

emandbri

I think I would buy it too since your son doesn't mind being rear-facing, it won't stretch your budget, and your husband is okay with it.

I'm going to buy one for my daughter, granted she is younger than your son at 2 years 10 months. She is 34 lbs and I'm going to weigh her every other day because I'd like to see what other fabrics come out before I buy one. :eek:

NannyMom

I think I would buy it too since your son doesn't mind being rear-facing, it won't stretch your budget, and your husband is okay with it.

I'm going to buy one for my daughter, granted she is younger than your son at 2 years 10 months. She is 34 lbs and I'm going to weigh her every other day because I'd like to see what other fabrics come out before I buy one. :eek:

But the Sprial (brown) would go so nicely with your RNs :p

I would buy it. But, I'm a carseat-aholic :eek:

I wish I could get one for my 4 year 6 month old son who is 33 -35lbs depending on the time of day you weight him. He would love to rearface again. However, we have zero money to get another seat. Bills are tight as it is, no $150 hanging around.

kangato2roos

Well I think that settles it. He'll go back rear-facing, assuming he has room to grow in it! If he's close to the 1 inch limit, I won't bother as he's already ff in his Marathon with plenty of room. Hopefully he'll fit the MyRide and I can get him back rear-facing! Now to just wait on Babies R Us...

heyruthie

I know but the gray base bugs me. Plus everyone says the spiral is ugly and I need to be able to sell it after she reaches 40 lbs! lol

i didn't think it was particularly ugly. i've seen worse, but i've seen prettier too. (it's no britax!)

Madeline410

I'm in the same boat. My 3½ year old is between 30-33 pounds daily, but he is still RF in his EFTA. He is getting to close to his 35lb limit so I had planned on getting a MR65.. BUT he has more height in the EFTA. So I'm holding off for now. If he gains another pound without getting taller, I will probably get one. But for now, it looks like he doesn't have enough growing room in the MR to make it to 40 pounds.

Here are the pics of my DS in the MR if you're interested :)
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=852877#post852877

ginny4

there is nothing wrong with RFing a 3yo if you have the money & DH agrees with it. but personally i wouldn't. one reason my DS wouldn't have enough room to be worth it to me AND DH would wring my neck.

twinsmom

Sounds like you've already decided, but I'll chime in that yes, I would absolutely do it.:)

ETA: I saw a thread a few days ago about the MR - someone said there is a lot more torso room when the seat is installed in the car, rather than at BBRUS. I know you're concerned about the height. I would test it out in your car before deciding.

AtTheSouthDam

Nope. I wanted to like it but DD2 just doesn't have enough head room. Now I don't have to feel bad that I don't. I doubt it would install better in my car. My benches are too horizontal.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC