RSTV - is this a pic of a new or old design?

puglover333

I'm looking for a large one and came across these pics. They're different from the small that I have. I wondered if anyone knew if this is an older design, or if this is the new design they have been talking about.

Thanks

ridesafer1.jpg

ridesafer2.jpg

ADS

puglover333

Hevy - what is the manufacture date on your vest? I've played with the large before with a DOM of 2003 and it looked like the one in this pic. It was a very dark grey color and had covers over the shoulder belt holder. So, I'm trying to figure out if the blue one is older or newer than that.

DSC00932.jpg

HEVY

Well it is actually gray, sorry, but I always see it as blue :( The small one I sold had a DOM of 9/2003, and I thought they all had covers. I had to look closer to the first stock pic and that one I have never seen, maybe one from when they first came out :shrug-shoulders: The new one I have is 3/2005. But apparently they don't have expiration dates.
If you look on the second stock photo it shows the cover in the little window.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think that picture is almost of the prototype...even my Large older model had covers on the shoulders, and I know I've been looking at that kid with the chili bowl haircut for a looooong time now (he must be in highschool, lol)

HEVY

Do you notice how the shoulder *thingy* turns to hold the belt properly. I would think by now they would design it so it is turned instead of straight.

HEVY

Reply from manufacturer.

Thank you for contacting us:

The top picture is the large vest in dark blue(DOM of 2003) and the small picture is Small vest in light gray(DOM of 2003). All should have the shoulder clip covers.

Both the 2003 and 2005 lots are the same design. There were no changes and there still is no expiration date. We are currently in production with a 2009 lot which should be available in the US in September, 2009.

Please feel free to email or call me at any time.

Kind regards,

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC