question about the swedish seats

MJHY27

I was just curious why the britax and other carseats from Sweden dont have the chest clips? Unfortunatly I dont think I will EVER have the money to buy one of those beauties but was checking them out anyway and noticed that none had a five point harness. Just wondering why not?

ADS

NannyMom

They do have a 5 point harness. THe 5 point harness is 2-shoulders + 2-hips + 1-crotch buckle.

The chest clip is to properly position the harness straps. In a crash the chest clip will break or slide down lower. It is not intended to hold the child in the seat (well, except that by positioning the harness correctly, that will hold the child in).

The sweedish seats are designed a little differently. They stay in place on their own. THere is also some extra padding of some sort on the harness (looks like long harness covers) to help keep the harness in place.

MJHY27

ooohh i see, I never really knew what the 5 point harness thing meant! thank you! I just added a little bit more to my car seat knowledge :)

fyrfightermomma

Also in many overseas country it is required that carseat straps be able to be undone with just one hand movement. So in their case, just hit the buckle and the straps release, where a chest clip would require 2 hand movements. This is to get a child out quickly in an emergency

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC