Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

airplane travel with FPSVD vs GN

I just wanted opinions on whether to take a FPSVD or a GN on a long plane trip from one coast to the other involving switching planes both ways (southwest airline). I know they are both heavy seats so that is probably about equal. I was thinking the GN because it sits lower and the tray table would be usable on the plane but I'm looking for opinions. Has anyone traveled with both of them (or equilvalent seat to the FPSVD) and have insight?
    Thanks for any help!
    p.s. My parents are renting a minivan for all of us to ride in during the visit so space won't be an issue.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member jujumum's Avatar

Re: airplane travel with FPSVD vs GN

There was an MA vs. GN flying thread a few weeks ago, and many folks voted for the GN. I voted for MA, and will vote for your FPSVD. There is no way I'd want to wrestle the steel reinforced GN through an airport - tray in the plane or no tray. I've flow with 2 RA's before, and will fly with 2 MAs or 1 MA/FPSVD and 1 RA this summer.

Lisa
    DD2 - 9 yrs,, TB lbb/Affix, DS2 - 7 yrs, Chicco Kitfit, TBSS Affix
    DD1 & DS1 safely using adult seat belts (18 yrs & 15 yrs)

Re: airplane travel with FPSVD vs GN

I'd go for the Nauti, but keep in mind that a) you won't be able to use the tray table and b) it doesn't fit through the x-ray machine, so the security person will have to wand it.
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)