which seat for a rental?

jodibug

My Fusion is going to the shop tonight for some work. (When I have no passenger, the seat belt alarm dings constantly until I buckle the passenger side seat belt)

When we bought the car I think the salesman said that if we needed work they would loan us a Focus while the Fusion was in the shop. (Not positive that is what we will get though)

I have a RN80 in the back of my Fusion, but we also have a Blvd in our van.

Which one should we take, or will they both install just fine? Or, since I am not 100% positive what car we will get, should I take both of them?

TIA!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've never heard of real install issues with the BV. I wouldn't THINK the RN would have any if you're very familiar with it, but it does in some cars... So if you have a seat that has no issues in any car that we really hear about, why not take that instead of the notoriously finicky one? ;)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
You shouldn't have trouble installing either seat - we have a Focus, and it works well with just about any car seat. I will say that the Britax convertibles do install beautifully in a Focus, though. :)

jodibug

Yeah, it took me a few installs of the RN to be able to get it in my Fusion quickly and without difficulty (though the last time it went in great....).

I really want to see if I can get it into another car using the same tricks.

But in case it doesn't go so well I should probably take the Blvd and play with the RN at home in my driveway.

Mommy2Marcus

Yeah, it took me a few installs of the RN to be able to get it in my Fusion quickly and without difficulty (though the last time it went in great....).

I really want to see if I can get it into another car using the same tricks.

But in case it doesn't go so well I should probably take the Blvd and play with the RN at home in my driveway.

That is what I would do. That way you're not wrestling with the car seat in the parking lot with a toddler that might not be so thrilled with it. The Blvd fits & installs in pretty much any car, however you could have problems with the RN, you never know. Good Luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC