A friend listened....need some help!

Mommy2Marcus

So I got a friend from work to listen to me tonight. She has her 4 year old in a NBB. The fit is terrible & her child is SUPER hyper & will not sit still in it. She said she is ALL the time having to get her to turn back around from facing the rear :eek: & that she just sits terrible in it. I mentioned that she should still be in a harness & she said well if you can find me one that will fit her then I will buy it. DONE! She is giving me the money to order it on Thursday. I will be ordering her the Nautilus. However she wanted the Mariposa b/c of the butterflys, but I can not find it for any less than $179.99. Can anyone help me find it for less than that. I did however find the Daisy Nautilus as Wal-Mart for $159.95 with .97 shipping. I am also having it shipped to my house & am going to show her how to properly install it.

I am just SO thrilled that I got her to put her little girl back into a harness. She said that if it will make her safer then she is all for it. Her DD will be very happy with a very pink seat & I think she will LOVE the Daisy. However my friend wanted the Mariposa. So if anyone can help me find the Mariposa for less then that would be awsome. If not then I guess it will be the Daisy!

One other thing. I fixed her DS's seat tonight. He is 2 & is in a Comfortsport. It was a TERRIBLE install. He also has about 2 inches before he outgrows it. When I checked him the straps were twisted to heck & back, the chest clip was at his belly & his straps were to loss. He was FF with the straps below his shoulders to & without the top tether clipped. So I took him out, untwisted the straps, moved them up & then reinstalled the seat with a locking clip NICE & tight & hooked the top tether. I also asked her to let me turn him back RF & she is going to think about it. He would totally still fit RF with several inches of room left, read at leat 4 inches at 2! He is TINY! I am going to show her information about WHY he should be RF when she comes over for me to show her how to install her seats. So her son is MUCH safer then he was when he left then he was when he got there.

BTW: This was all done on my lunch break while at work tonight. LOL! You know you're a nerd when you're reinstalling seats on your lunch break from work & enjoying it!!!! I just wanted her little goy to be safe & she knows that. I can not wait to play with a Nautilus though!

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

Awesome!

BTW, if she has a top tether she more than likely has locking seatbelts ;)

Okay, with the locking seat belts, how do I know how they lock? She said the seat NEVER stays tight. I am not sure how they lock as they do not lock at the retractor. Also her belts have somehow twisted to where the part you buckle into the actual buckle was upside down. I TRIED to get it flipped back but had NO luck. I installed his seat with the belt flat through the path, but I am planning to work more on it when I see her again to show her how to install it. DH had one of his belts flip like this & I was able to get it flipped back with some work, but nothing I did fixed it in her car. Any advice on how to get it flipped? Her seat belts are really thick & the buckle part is tight on there. Is it unsafe??

Is it unsafe for her to have a locking clip on a locking seat belt?? Will it make the seat unsafe??

I will also try to find out what type & year of car she has between now & then.

One other thought while I am here. DH has a 2001 Chevy Cavalier. His seat belts do not lock at the retractor either & I have always had a hard time keeping seats tight in his car. It is okay right now as he has the TF in there & it has the built in locking clips, but for future references how do his belts lock? Do you know?

emandbri

I'm pretty sure the mariposia is a babies r us exclusive. I read about some coupons for them in the deal section.

What kind of car does she have? Someone here might know what kind of seat belts the car has.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yep his belts lock at the retractor. It's not unsafe to have a locking clip on it, but it's just better to not have unnecessary locking clips. Try flipping the latchplate and IF that doesn't work, use a LC (but not with the TF ;)).

Mommy2Marcus

Yep his belts lock at the retractor. It's not unsafe to have a locking clip on it, but it's just better to not have unnecessary locking clips. Try flipping the latchplate and IF that doesn't work, use a LC (but not with the TF ;)).

His cars belts do not lock when pulled all the way out & let back back in like mine do. So I am not sure how they lock. B/c when pulled all the way out, then let back in you can still pull them out. I also know not to use a LC with the TF! LOL! It is VERY tightly installed, as in rock the car, in his car!

I will be looking to install a CS & a Nautilus in her car. I do not know the what her car is though. I will find out tomorrow.

Mommy2Marcus

I meant they lock at the latchplate :eek:

Ah...That makes MUCh more sense! LOL! If they do not stay tight then are those the ones that you can flip once to make them stay tight? If so I am thinking that this must be how her belts lock. I will be back tomorrow with the make, model & year of her car.

If this is how her belts lock will flipping the belt once work?? Also what about if I have to twist the belt stalks, will it still work then? I needed to twist the belt stalk 3 full turns to get the CS tight.

ETA: Thanks for baring with me & helping me with this. I really want to make sure I am showing her right. I think I am also going to see if I can get her to go with me to get her seats checked after I help her install them since I am not a tech.

That is just awseome!!
I am pretty sure that is a BRU exclusive. Maybe you can find someone with a coupon or coupon code you can use?
Usually at my BRU, you can just go in an ask for a coupon book, or just buy something small and they will give you a coupon book.

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks Ame! I will read that later when Marcus is napping. I just skimmed it for now.

Thanks Spoiled for the tip. I am not sure where a Babies R Us even is close to me. I am going to talk to her about just ordering the Daisy one. I think her daughter will like it to. So I am going to try that route first! However does anyone know if their coupons work online to or if they ever have internet coupons for ordering online??

heyruthie

BRU is the EASIEST place to get a discount on a seat--the literally ALWAYS have coupons out there--if not online, in the store itself. The other day, I just ASKED, and they had them behind the register (15% off.) Sometimes I just wander over to the register and look to see if they have coupons sitting there, and ask, "Hey! Can I have one of these?" Even if they look annoyed, they ALWAYS say yes. I pretty much NEVER pay full price for anything at BRU or TRU. Look on the Carseat Deals thread to see if there are any current online printable coupons out there--I think there may be.

And yes, Mariposa is BRU only.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC