News "Buckle Up Baby" on View fr the Bay - May 21

ADS

morninglori

Northern CA - View from the Bay and AAA

I was just watching this news magazine program - View from the Bay. today they had an article called "buckle up baby" in conjunction wiht AAA and they had a lot of good info on car seat safety, talked about ERF and staying in a harness. They even talked about a little boy, 28lbs who came into the check FF that was leaving RF. the boy's brother apparently came in in nothing, and is leaving in a booster. There is no video link, but the station had an article with the AAA info.

One nice think is that it included a section about "older babies" Rear-Facing, Convertible Seat from at least one year of age AND more than 20 pounds, but less than 35 pounds (as long as possible up to seat size limits)

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=view_from_the_bay/parenting_babies&id=6823074

Over all, nice article emphasizing proper use and ERF.

Just wanted to share.

rochelle

video and more details here
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=view_from_the_bay/parenting_babies&id=6823074

"Did you know that more than 90% of children's car seats are used or installed incorrectly in the Bay Area?
Come by and meet with a certified car seat technician who will inspect your current installation and help you install your car seat properly. No appointments necessary. "

"IMPORTANT TIPS AND INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Four out of five car seats are NOT installed correctly. AAA has some great ideas for making sure your child is safe in their car seat.
INSTALLATION TIPS:

Car seats should not move more than one inch side-to-side at the belt path.

The harness must be snug and secure on your child. You should not be able to pinch any slack at the shoulder.

The retainer clip should be fastened and placed at armpit level.

Always follow the car seat manufacturer's instructions"

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Hehe, I was at the Daly City location. CarSeatSafetyMom was the coordinator for that site.

I don't know the stats for our location. I'll find out tomorrow. I know I did 5.

mamabear

I just saw this today and was going to post about it!!

Sponsored by AAA...way to go!!!:thumbsup: (now just air them during prime time);)

tjham

Pretty good! (except for the three old in a booster :( That would keep me from sending it to a particular someone...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC