Boo to the First Year's TF Premier Color Options!

mrs.christie

I'm 100% set on the TF and I plan to use it instead of an infant seat for my baby due in November, but I am soooo disappointed in the color offerings for the premier. Call me shallow, but my car is maroon with a black interior. Both color options will clash horribly. Since I plan to use this seat for many years the idea of it not matching bothers me a great deal.

I do have until November so who knows, maybe they'll come out with a new color (that is if the darn seat is even released by then).

Would it really be that terrible to get the current TF model since I can get a color that matches better? Is the Premier really worth the wait and extra $$? Should I just get a cheap Baby Trend infant seat for now in hopes that they'll come out with a better color?

ADS

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I'm with you. I actually called CS to complain about the cover situation. DS will be outgrowing his SnugRide in a couple months, but I HATE the covers. The rep I talked to said that there would be another release with 2-3 different covers, but that the Premier would only release with the 2 that are out there now. However, you will be able to buy all the covers separately. I'm thinking I'll buy the navy, then buy a cover I actually like once they come out. I like having a spare cover anyway.

Now, I'm not sure how my plans will change if it takes much longer for the Premier to come out. I don't want the 'regular' True Fit because of the harness adjuster (I can't handle a smooshed adjuster, they drive me crazy). I can get a My Ride for $135 (10% off at Walmart), but I'd rather have a True Fit since DS is fairly tall, and growing quicker than DD did.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I agree, I hate the colors. I really want one for DS but I'm holding out hoping they release more colors before he outgrows the bucket :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC