Has anyone ever sent a Maclaren Stroller in for repair?

lovinwaves

Hello All you stroller fanatics!!
Well, my recently purchased 2004 Maclaren Quest is in need of repair. The Recline Mechanism on one side is broke.
Has anyone on this forum ever had to send their Mac in for repair. If so, please give details.
TIA!!

ADS

Yoshi

I can't help you with any experience with Maclaren's customer service, but did you visit the website or call them? They don't have a licensed service center near you, but if you call maybe they can tell you where to ship it. I wonder whether the seller tried this and found out it would be too pricey to fix, so she sold it? They only have a 1 yr warranty, I think, so yours would be out of warranty in that case, but I might be wrong...Can you see what is wrong with it and how it could be fixed? As a last resort, maybe it's a do-it-yourself job if someone you know is handy. maybe you can just order a spare part? Good luck! Oh yeah- and how's your Pliko doing?:)

lovinwaves

Thanks Tina, Well since I only bought it for $60 I think I got a pretty good deal. At the most the repair would cost $35. This stroller is in like new condition. The wheels and fabric are perfect. It is Cocoa Check, which is a very unique color. It is Chocolate Brown with blue suede. The Husband of the lady told me she sent him all the way to San Diego to get this stroller directly from the Manufacturer :eek:

I am sending the stroller directly to Maclaren USA up in CT. I am hoping they may just repair it for free. The guy I talked to in the UK said they sometimes do that in the UK for strollers out of the warranty period. He said it just depends on the condition of the stroller. Maclaren has only been doing US repairs for the last couple months so it's hard to say if they will do it for free or not, but I am keeping my fingers crossed :) He said they very much stand behind their product, so let see if they really do...............

AND, I love my Pliko P3. That stroller is so worth the money!!! I would rather have a used P3 than a new Graco. I love the shocks and luxurious fabric. Thanks for asking...:D

Yoshi

That would be so great if they fixed it for free- I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I just LOVE my Quest, even though my daughter hardly ever uses it, it's so easy to push when she does ride. The only problem I have is that the canopy gets dirty from the wheels when it's folded up (it's pink so it really shows) I think you'll be thrilled you have it when your kids get to be over 35 lbs!!! I'm also glad you like your Pliko!:) - mine just became a PITB to steer with my daughter actually IN the seat:p Have a great weekend!

lovinwaves

How old is your daughter and how much does she weigh? With Camden riding and Peyton on the riding plate it still pushes like a breeze. They both together weigh about 45 pounds. I did for the first time put Peyton (dd) in the front only and she was still easy to push, but then again she only weighs 25lbs.

I am lending my Graco Duoglider to a friend of mine (well I have only met her once). I met her on Craigslist because she had a Joovy for sale. She is having her fourth baby anyday now, and all her kids are under the age of 4. She is a very busy momma!!! I am just trying to help her. She was wanting something to snap her Peg carseat into. She has a quest also, and loves it!! ANYWHO......I am just not quite ready to get rid of it, because I LOVE that stroller. Very practical, and has a nice black and silver neutral color.

I am having a hard time finding a box to ship my Quest in. I have my Peg P3 box, but it is ssooooooo huge and heavy. ANY IDEAS????

Yoshi

Well, I usually go to our local U-Haul place, they have "odd" size moving boxes that are shippable, and are less expensive than UPS store. I think I paid $6 for the box to ship my Pliko (huge, tall box) in when I sold it on Ebay.

As far as weight, DD is 35 lbs and change. She is 3.5 yrs and I think it has to do with the weight distribution- when the weight is over the center of gravity(the heavy weight in the seat as opposed to riding on the back) it's harder to push? maybe? Idunno!!! I'm glad it's working for you.

My DD was 25 lbs at 17 months!!! We are not big people, I swear- she's got heavy bones or something- she looks like an average preschooler, you can see her ribs, her belly is not round anymore and she's wearing size 4T, but just pick her up and it's like "Who put lead in this girl's pockets?!!":eek:

lovinwaves

Ok, thanks for the idea of the U-Haul place. I will check that out!

I just posted a listing on my local Craigslist wanting a stroller box.

I actually sold my Britax Box on Craigslist for $7. Some lady sold her Roundabout on Ebay and was needing a box to ship it. It worked out good for her and good for me. Dh was pretty impressed I made $7 on a BOX :p

LOL about your daughter..They just grow up way to fast, don't they!!:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC