Tell me what YOU think

Jennifer mom to my 7

So, baby needs a new seat, probably like yesterday. But I do have an extra, so I think I may need to pull down the freedom marathon cover to put on the tiffany decathlon until I figure this out! (youngest 2 are boys and dd outgrew the dc;))

So, ds is about 19-20 pounds at just under 7 months, and I think has outgrown the keyfit by height. DD had a 14.5 inch torso and was 22 pounds at 1 year. I think this one will follow her growth (and the 6 year olds for that matter). Dd also outgrew the dc by weight (33 pounds, 36.5 inches) at 25 months, and was close in height also (15.5 inch torso). NOt sure when she got to 35 pounds though, but I don't think it was more than 2-3 months after.

Being as baby is heavier now, and seems to have the same torso growth, I am thinking the my ride would be the best bet for him. Even with how much I want a cow moo boulevard. I am hoping to get dh to agree to eventually let me get both:whistle: but for now I just need to decide on 1. With his stats, what do you all think? almost 7 months, ~19-20 pounds, ~27 inches, longgg torso (over 11.5 inches, outgrown keyfit I am pretty sure...I think his neck may have grown:whistle:)
Thanks ladies! and gentlemen.

ADS

Evolily

I think it's hard to tell- but it does seem the my ride lasts about the same amount of time as the 65 lb britax convertibles from the pictures I've seen (even though the shell is about 1 inch shorter, kids just fit it different).

Jennifer mom to my 7

I think you don't sound sure if he's outgrown the KF by height.

Well, if he hasn't actually outgrown it "just" yet, it is a matter of days. I am sure he is probably at least "at" the 1 inch mark, kwim? But, like I said, I do have a seat I can use, just don't want to go switching depending on what vehicle we take (ha, not that we go anywhere that much anyway). I will take pics tomorrow, and hopefully get him to settle a bit before hand. Last time I put him in the keyfit I think he was only about .5 inch from the top, but maybe he was just sitting weird, kwim?

NannyMom

If your choices for a new seat are a Britax or a My Ride, I'd go with the MR. It'll last the same by height, but will give you the added weight if you need it. Now if it were the MR vs the TF or RN.....I don't know. But probobly still the MR.

Mommy2Marcus

With such a long torso what about a TF? It will last you longer than either the MR or the Britax seats. Another option would be to use the DC untill the ARB TF comes out if you like the tether options with the Britax, but with you thinking about a MR then it sounds like you would be okay without a tether. These are just my thoughts. However the MR sounds like a promising seat, so if you just wanted it b/c you want it then go for it. I was just offering another option for longer RF!

Jennifer mom to my 7

What worries me is him hitting the 35 pounds before 2. I have thought about the ARB trufit, but I am not sure I will be able to get used to the continuous harness. Plus I think there is alot of "extra" room in the seat itself (although ds may need it). I have been able to convince my husband to take me out today because I need some yarn, so he is going to let me stop at BRU also and see if they have the MR there. I am not sold on the radian, plus I would need to get it at less than a 45* angle on pretty flat seats. And there is no putting it in the middle since it is a 9 passenger conversion van with a total of 6 captain's chairs and 1 rear bench. Thanks for the feedback, though. It is greatly appreciated.

and yes, I may just want the myride to have a myride:whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think the MR is the shortest of the Higher Weight seats, but I think you need one so you can help answer questions about it here :D (So easy to spend other people's money, isn't it? lol)

Jennifer mom to my 7

I think the MR is the shortest of the Higher Weight seats, but I think you need one so you can help answer questions about it here :D (So easy to spend other people's money, isn't it? lol)

Yes, I know. But it also seems like one of those magical seats where some kids have more room in it and some kids have less room, know what I mean?

Oh, and it is a gmc extended van with an explorer conversion. THe 4 rear captain's chairs have full latch, and there is an additional tether anchor for the middle of the bench.

Edited to add: So I do think I have a little more time to decide. It seems he has about an inch to grow above his head, and I think he is between 19 and 20 pounds (do not think he is over 20 yet, of course this is in a diaper only).

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC