Question Suggestions for cleaning Britax Olivia cover (yellow)

jujumum

I recently bought an MA from a friend, and I'm having trouble getting all of the stains out of the yellow part of the cover. The owner never washed the cover - she only ever wiped it down with baby wipes. Parts of the seat portion are grey with dirt or stains. I've tried scrubbing them with a toothbrush and Tide, and even resorted to using spray and wash (which made the pink bleed a little into parts of the yellow).:eek: I handwashed it in my washing machine (using the machine only to rinse and spin).

Now it has grey spots AND pink spots in the yellow. Is there anyway to get it super clean?

Thanks!!:)

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yep, throw it in the washer. I got my AF cover back with months-old chocolate milk stains on it and it took 2 washes to get it out but it did come clean.

lovinwaves

Spray it with shout, and use a toothbrush to gently remove the stain, then put in the washer, gentle cycle, cold water. Hang to dry.

heyruthie

I've recently discovered Oxiclean, and I :love: it. I've been using the powder form as a hot-water soak in my laundry tub for stained items. Here's the method my BF taught me: she fills her bathtub with HOT water and soaks a tubfull of stuff in there. Depending on how bad it is, she may soak it for several days at a time. 2 times a day, she drains the water, and refills with hot water again, and new Oxiclean. She says she's gotten even years old blood, chocolate, spitup, formula, poop and grass stains out that way. I've basically adapted her method to the laundry tub, and been VERY, very happy! I recently had luck with a pale green tafeta that was smeared with strawberries, and already drycleaned 2x with no effect :) as well as several of the other more disgusting stains already mentioned :D

When I'm done with this regimen, I usually put the items in the delicate cycle of the washer and run them through like normal.

jujumum

Thank you all for the suggestions! I have some Oxi Clean & Shout - I was afraid that they might be too harsh. I'll give it a go tomorrow.:)

NannyMom

Hmmm, I never heard you couldn't? What does the stain remover do?? :confused:

I thought it would be considered a 'harsh chemical'. You're supposed to be careful what you use on a carseat cover because it can wear away the flame resistant chemicals, which are very important.

SGTex

I would be careful with the Oxiclean though! I used to use the powder form in the same way as PP and it ended up eating through a gymbo shirt. I went back and looked at a few items I knew I had used it on and sure enough you could see the fabric starting to wear thin on some.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC