Would you swap out a GN for a RN?

MoreLatte

My DD is going to be 6 in October and I was planning to buy her a dedicated booster once she starts kindergarten but lately I've been panicking at the thought of not having her in a harness. She's only about 42# and on the third slots of the GN.

The head flop in the GN drives me absolutely NUTS! She is a sleeper, so I'm putting her back in the MA for our 12 hour drive to the beach next month.

How do sleepers do in the RN? I'm considering the 65, I don't know if I can justify the XT, unless I decide to keep her harnessed longer.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

ADS

melniemi

Do you have a store or local friend with a radian that you can try in your car? If there seems to be enough recline, she probably wouldn't have the head slump.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Leah doesn't slump in the Frontier, even stock-straight upright installed. She's good in the RN if the recline foot is out and the seatback is a little reclined
Sorry the GN is so slumpy for your kiddo :(

MoreLatte

I guess I just need to get over it because she doesn't seem to mind. My luck, I'd get a Radian and it would do the same. I just don't understand how the MA, bolt up-right, never has any issues:confused

I want a bigger MA, not on a base, with higher top harness slots- you know, a Regent that isn't a Regent!:p

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
You'd likely lose some room in a RN as compared to a nauti. I'd just keep the nauti unless she starts to complain.

OT but when and where are you going to the beach next month?

MoreLatte

You'd likely lose some room in a RN as compared to a nauti. I'd just keep the nauti unless she starts to complain.

OT but when and where are you going to the beach next month?

We're headed to Myrtle Beach, its the kids' favorite. I'd rather do Hilton Head or something less commercialized, but if the kids aren't happy, we'll all be miserable!:rolleyes: The ride there is going to be miserable enough, I'm sure!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC