Ford 2008 Econoline Van

ADS

2boys3girls

I noticed the EXACT same thing on an identical van in my area..... i can't give you any further information about it. Just wanted to say that we are *quite possibly* in the market for something that SAFELY accomodates more passengers, with our sixth baby due in July. Right now we have an 8 passenger Montana. At a local dealership, there is an 08 Ford passenger van with 19,000 miles. A few weeks ago, we talked to a sales person & I KNOW he said the price is NOW 13,900. I went in on Thurs. They had a tag hanging from the RV mirror that said 15,500. I went in to ask, the sales manager said "oh no, it was never 13,900. That would be paying you to buy it." sorry for the OT. Just wanted to comment. Thanks! :)

momto5

we are also due with #6 come Sept and I have a 7 seater now...so we really need to upgrade. Hopefully we'll find one around here ( we have a call in to a dealership that was on ebay in my area). I am going to measure it when I see it in person. Thanks for the reply..I was hoping I wouldn't hear crickets...lol:whistle:

Amber

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
What do you mean "measured"? I have a 2008 E350. The only issues I have had with installations is using LATCH with my infant seat (the LATCH bars stick out too far for my base to sit "on top" of, and aren't quite far enough apart for the base to get all the way in between when it's installed tightly enough), and headrest/beltguide/seatbelt geometry issues in the last row with boosters.

I haven't had ANY problems installing any convertible seats anywhere in it.

:thumbsup:

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I noticed the EXACT same thing on an identical van in my area..... i can't give you any further information about it. Just wanted to say that we are *quite possibly* in the market for something that SAFELY accomodates more passengers, with our sixth baby due in July. Right now we have an 8 passenger Montana. At a local dealership, there is an 08 Ford passenger van with 19,000 miles. A few weeks ago, we talked to a sales person & I KNOW he said the price is NOW 13,900. I went in on Thurs. They had a tag hanging from the RV mirror that said 15,500. I went in to ask, the sales manager said "oh no, it was never 13,900. That would be paying you to buy it." sorry for the OT. Just wanted to comment. Thanks! :)

My guess is that their price at auction was 13,900...and that the lot price *is* 15,500. We bought ours in November with 19K miles on it for $16K with DH's employee pricing.

momto5

whoops sorry..it kind of was unclear..I just wanted to see it anybody has measured the 2008 bench seat vs the older model..in height. since the 2008 seemed taller..kwim..sorry if unclear..lol

Amber

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Ah! Gotcha. That makes sense. Yes, the back rest portion does seem taller than the old style bench seats...I would say that it is, but I can't say that definitively since we never had an older one.

I could try my 8yo in a LBB and see where his head winds up at when he gets home from school, but I know that the no headrest issue is going to get us eventually. We're actually having our benches custom retrofitted to have headrests since we plan on driving this until it dies or until all our kids move out...whichever comes first. :p Hopefully this will happen in July over shutdown. :thumbsup:

momto5

well we ended up getting the 2008 Ford E350. The bench seat is a little higher. My 10 year old can sit with no booster and his head is fine..however I have him in a Parkway for now. I want to look into getting headrests on the bench too. My husband actually was sitting back there and it looked like it hit him in the right place on the head..but then again he's only 5'5"..lol..Thanks for all your replies!

Amber:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC