Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    HillaryT

Talking Need advice on a new carseat

My 38 1/2 lb 2 year old is currently in the Britax Marathon. She has almost outgrown it. I've been looking around for a new seat. I'm thinking about the Britax Frontier Combination. Any advice on this seat? I like the idea of not having to buy another seat for her. It sounds like this seat will change as she grows. Is there maybe another seat that is comparable? I would appreciate any help. Thank you

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Need advice on a new carseat

Hi. Welcome to the board! May I ask how tall is your dd? Also do you know her torso measurement? (to get her torso measurement have her sit against the wall and measure from the floor to the top of her shoulders) These measurements would help a lot in knowing how much more growing room you might have in the MA and what seats might work best next.

CPS Technician JerseyGirl'sMama's Avatar

Re: Need advice on a new carseat

Hi and welcome!

How has she outgrown the Marathon? Just wanted to make sure at that weight that you have her forward facing. Are the shoulder straps no longer at or above her shoulders or are the top of her ears above the top of the shell?

If she truly has outgrown the Marathon then the Frontier and the Graco Nautilus would be great seats to look at. Do you have a store by you that carries carseat that you can play with? Babies R Us lets you try out the install in your own vehicle prior to purchasing, which is great.
    DD 5.5yrs, FF in a Recaro ProSPORT
    DS 2.75yrs, RF in a Peg Primo Viaggio

Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc.