Vent grrr -- replacement cover and harnass cost as much as a new seat!!

KaceyLynn

I have an evenflo chase seat - that we hadn't been using
now want to use it but need a new cover and harnass for it (they got icky in storage) replacement cover and harnass cost as much as a new seat!!

it costs $47 -- plus shipping ($15) for shipping!!!!

it still has 3 years left on it - and our other seat for DD is about to expire so I thought I would just put her into that one.

can't justify the price though when I can get a new one for $60 from walmart!

ADS

KaceyLynn

both are musty smelling (like gross wouldn't want to make her use them)

was in our basement for about 2 years - the foam on the seat itself isnt' smelly - but the straps and cover are

kate4478

both are musty smelling (like gross wouldn't want to make her use them)

was in our basement for about 2 years - the foam on the seat itself isnt' smelly - but the straps and cover are

Have you tried washing the cover yet? That may help! Then all you will need it new harnesses.

heyruthie

Have you tried washing the cover yet? That may help! Then all you will need it new harnesses.

i was thinking the opposite--put the harness out in the bright sunshine for a few days, and buy a new cover. i recently talked with evenflo customer service, and bought a new cover. they were awesome, and ended up waiving my shipping fees. maybe explain the situation to them?

also, i have WONDERFUL luck with soaking things in several batches of Oxiclean & hot water over a period of a few days (each day 1-2x just drain the water and replace with new, hot water and more Oxiclean. it works wonders!) you could at least try that with the cover. all it would cost would be the few $$ for the Oxiclean. you might be surprised.

lastly, you could try an ISO on the swap board.

KaceyLynn

I actually already got rid of the ones that I had - cause they were so ucky

I am wayyy north in MN -- Duluth craigslist is my closest - and that is still 2 hours away

I don't have enough posts to post an iso on swap yet :(

I plan to look for one at rummage sales this summer so that I can use the cover and harnass from them

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC