RF TA for 8-passenger Sienna

autumnlily

Where is the TA for middle row, middle seat of an 8 passenger Sienna (2007 LE)- for Rear Facing? I removed a plastic piece to install at the bottom of my driver seat but when anchored it interferes with moving the seat back and forth (power seat). The straps actually shorten and the seat starts to recline further.

I did the same thing for the front passenger seat, but it is not a power seat and just didn't seem to interfere the same way with the anchoring.

My camera is dead and I'll charge it tonight so I can take pics tomorrow. I'm so so excited to have my new van and get my kids in it safely!

ADS

NannyMom

If it's the center seat 2nd row, you can RF tether it to either front seat. I had mine tethered to the passenger's seat.

autumnlily

I have two RF's in the middle row. The passenger outboard and the middle seat. Isn't it true, that I can only TA one to each seat? I have read the manual and am still at a loss.

I'm going to get a pic posted after my DD's aqua therapy.

I'm so glad car-seat.org is available. I'm highly considering taking the CPST course... I think every group of moms should have a trained friend.

NannyMom

Here are my thoughts on RF tethering 2 carseats to the same vehicle seat. Hopefully someone else will weigh in on the subject.

If you're tethering to the seat track, it's not actually tethering to the seat itself. Each RF tether is a seperate point on the vehicle frame. So it's not like tethering 2 seats to the same seat track. And...what if you had 3 RF seats to tether in the same row? Two of them would have to be tethered to the same vehicle seat (though different leg track).

Anyone else???

autumnlily

I definitey have them TA to the seat track and not the seat - so, I understand your reasoning and it sounds correct to me.

I played with the TA on the driver track and realized I could move the "knot" to the side a bit and it seemed to move it out of the way when the seat was slide back and forth. But, I would much prefer to install it on the other passenger track - as it's not a power seat and less likely to be adjusted on a regular basis.

still working on pics

autumnlily

Okay - finally got my act together for pics.

Outboard TA (passenger)
IMG_0436-vi.jpg

Middle seat RF and TA used on Driver seat
(I moved the "knot" to the outer side of the track and it stopped interfering with the sliding of the seat)
IMG_0439-vi.jpg

Here I have TA both seats the front passenger tracks (one on each track)
[sorry, not detailed photo of the actual TA... but how's my recline???]
IMG_0440-vi.jpg

autumnlily

Now, I noticed I have the TA threads (the part attached to the MA) tight, absolutely no slack.... should I loosen it a bit? I was trying to acheive a decent recline, not so much because the twins need it (they are over a year old) but so I could see over the seats out the right rear window. Should I use a different install to acheive the desired recline?

NannyMom

I had the same MA in the center seat of my 08 Sienna. You shouldn't use the tether to get a better angle. It breaks the recline mechanism on the seat. If you want a more reclined andle, use a rolled towel (that's what I did). The tether shoould just have no slack, not be super tight.

good idea about moving the knott for the dring on driver's seat.

I'm also wondering, can you get the LATCH any tighter? I seem to remember mine looking tighter than that.

autumnlily

I had a feeling I shouldn't have the TA straps so tight. I will get a noodle or taped towel and change my recline accordingly. Thank you! and, of course more photos for approval.

The seats don't budge at the LATCH area - even when I don't have the seat tethered... so, I didn't think I need to tighten the LATCH anymore (I kneeled into the seat with nearly my full weight) - but I will definitely re-inspect it, especially if it could be tightened. Thanks :)

NannyMom

I had a feeling I shouldn't have the TA straps so tight. I will get a noodle or taped towel and change my recline accordingly. Thank you! and, of course more photos for approval.

The seats don't budge at the LATCH area - even when I don't have the seat tethered... so, I didn't think I need to tighten the LATCH anymore (I kneeled into the seat with nearly my full weight) - but I will definitely re-inspect it, especially if it could be tightened. Thanks :)

Britax used to tell you you could change the angle with the tether. Now they say no. But, it's a common mistake :)

If the seat is nice and tight w/o the tether, than maybe you have the LATCH tight enough. It has been a few months since I had my Marathon in my van. So I could be remembering it looking tighter than it actually was :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC