Car seat fashion?

calihannah

I'm mildly embarrassed to post this, but I have to ask! I have never been a pink person, but I am obsessed with pink car seats for DD! She has always been in boring black and gray seats to match the interior of our car, but now that I'm about to pick a new seat (two actually), I am absolutely fixated on the pink ones -- the Malibu Radian XT and the Boulevard Meghan (ugh, BRU only)! It actually makes me sad that I don't like the True Fit Monet, since that means all of the seats I'm considering won't be pink.

I like the MR65 purple patterned one, but DD is so tall I don't think the seat is a great option for us. Frankly, I don't think the BV is a great option for us, but I like the fabric so much! Is that silly?

Anyhow, tell me about your car seat fashion obsessions! Should I give in? Hold strong? What?

ADS

Irishmama

LOL, I'm totally with you. I never cared much for girly or pink until dd2 was born. Now we have a Radian 65 with a princess cover and a MA in Ashley Floral. I even like the Scenera's covers, cuz they're girly and fun. I was so tired of boring colors, and since this is likely our last baby, I'm gonna have fun with all the girliness. I say have fun with your covers, but then again I think that's enabling. You could get the TF if that's what works best for you and buy another cover if they come out with one you like better ;) Don't they have a cranberry one, and then you could add some appliques? I'm not helping, am I, lol? I think this is definitely enabling.

monstah

LOL, I obsessed for a couple months searching for a Meghan cover for my Onyx BLVD. I found one..... and that lasted less than a year. :eek: I got so sick of seeing all the pink head to toe!

DD now has her onyx cover back, baby girl gets a red/grey keyfit and DS is in a grey radian. I like the calmness back there now. :p

NannyMom

I've never been a pinky person myself either. THough I do like to dress DD in it. Her infant seat was black with some red. Her next convertible was black (and we had a blue hand-me-down convertible too). I wanted the seats to be gender neutral.

But once I found this site, and bought a Marathon I got hooked. DD got a yellow (Ashley floral) MA. I did get a black BV for Grandpa's car so it could be used by other future grandchildren if needed. Then when Grandma got the MA, I got a Mariposa cover. And I got a Monet TF for me. I really really want a Meghan BV cover, but can't bring myself to pay $65 for it :( I'm planning on getting a Radian XT and I want Malibu. I got a My Ride and I'm a little disapointed it's brown....but it's starting to grow on me.

ajanes

I totally understand and I have a boy. If I had a girl, I'd be all over the Allie or the Hannah MA fabric. As it is, I had to have the Aqua BLVD for DS.

calihannah

Where did you find a Meghan cover? Britax doesn't have it on their site... That would be one option, buy it with an Onyx cover and swap it to the Meghan, then swap it back if/when I grew tired of it... That's only if we get the BV, of course. Would that all my dilemmas in life be like this one!

AtTheSouthDam

I understand. I want a Madison Blvd. I have no real use for a Madison Blvd as DD2 would be too tall to RF comfortably and wouldn't last long but wouldn't it look SOO nice next to the Madison Regent DD1 is about to outgrow? And I know I would get sick of it. I could only stand the Brooke MA for about a year before I started wanting something else.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I hate pink. Anyone that knows me in person knows I wear black most of the time. Most of my seats are black. I HAD to have the dragonfly cover though. Love it!

calihannah

Oooookay, I made the mistake of asking DD what she would prefer. I showed her pictures of the Meghan BV and the Onyx BV and then the Malibu RNXT and the Nassau RNXT. She said that she wanted the pink one...and then she said she wanted the black one...and then she informed me that she wanted both! That's 2yo logic for you!

Here's DD in the BV at BRU...Please don't mind the slightly off harness adjustment, DD was sleepy and wanted to go nap, not put up with Mama's car seat obsession!

photo.jpg

Argh, I wish I could decide!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
So you buy one, and then buy an extra cover. You NEED an extra cover anyway, right? Just don't be letting her choose which cover each morning.

valleyfam

I feel ya'. I am so not a pink person! but...then....dd came along. She used her brother's blue/brown snugride and then moved to his brownstone BV but I couldn't take it! All the cute siggy's on here made me cave. She now has a Shannon and Meghan BV. Meghan is in gma's car but I have to tell you it is a beautiful cover and oh so soft! Just do it!

hboo22

I have to have matching seats :) I have 2 daisy Sceneras (one is outgrown, now the other is backup for DD2). When I was looking for a HWH for DD1 the Nautilus was only out in gray, so I did much research and got a Monet True Fit instead (even though the Nauitilus would last longer cause of the booster part). So then I had to get a matching one for DD2 :D I really wanted a madison Regent (DH said no way cause of $$) and the Marathon that is the yellow flower pattern that matches the Regent. That would have been sooo pretty in my back seat!!! :) :D :)

calihannah

Love the additional enabling :) Now to convince DH to put a pink seat in his car! I think the BRU coupons will help on that front...the Meghan BV is almost reasonable at 20% off!

Northriver

I'm not into pink at all, either. I choose seats to fit my needs, then usually go with the cover that best matches my interior.

That said, I did get pink seats for both of my poor parents, lol! Mom has a pink Radian, which i've actually grown to like, and my poor dad has a VERY loud very floral very pink Scenera in his truck. I know, it wasn't nice to install something so awful in his brand new pick-up, but honestly, it was the one with the most recent expiration date the day I bought it.

I currently have a nice tan Boulevard that matches my tan vehicle interior. I'm hoping there will be some pretty covers for the Frontier before my DD outgrows her BD. I had the pink Frontier in my car for the past two weeks and it was a little too pink for me.

Mama Jo

Right now I have seats ranging from black to red to pink to cowmoo...

I have a short wishlist of seats that I need, and when all is said and done, my van will contain the following seats:

3rd row:
Sandbox EFTA (ordering sometime this week)
Mariposa GN ((just bought a Matrix (I think lol) GN on swap and ordered a Mariposa cover from Graco... because I need an extra cover anyway... :whistle:))
Rio RN XT (saving up for :D)

Captains chairs:
Pink Sky FN (already have)
CowMoo BV (already have)

Also occasionally in the vehicle are a pink Vivo, red Vivo, and a black/silver/blue SS1.

At first, I wanted all my seats to match... then I decided, screw it. I'd rather be eccentric :D

Momof4Girls

Am I the only one that doesn't care if the car seats match the interior, or even, really, each other?

I have 2 identical regents because, well, I don't want my girls to fight over them. If I could get a spare cover for each of them for super cheap (that they could choose themselves), I'd be ecstatic. FWIW, they're Huntington Regents.

I have a Shannon BLVD (and I'm uber jealous of the Shannon Regent!!), a denim wizard (that expires next year), and a black MCP.

My kids are getting older, and I'd love to let them pick their covers. Their big 4th bday present is choosing their own bedding (daddy has veto power...there are some things he just cannot stand, LOL), within reason (no characters, it has to grow with them). I don't care if any of them match each other, quite frankly, it's their own little space. We will likely not, at any point in time, have space to give each girl her own room, so her bed is as much "her space" as it gets. I'd like to do the same with car seats and covers. Storage, however, is a problem...LOL
Raechel

AtTheSouthDam

I have choosen the covers I like. I have let the girls choose the covers they like. I have let DH choose (His choices are more obnoxious then DDs'! He likes the huge flower hawaiianish prints, in pink.) I have tried to match my interior. I get tired of them all and want to switch them out.

I will admit my favorite cover thus far has been the Blush como. It was girly AND matched the interior of my van. Too bad the seat wasn't better RF. Or that DD2 doesn't really like pink.

Mommy2Marcus

I also do not vare if my car seats match my cars interior. I have a blueish/grey interior & a brown seat in my car. Look below & you can see.

I have a boy, but if my next is a girl then I will be all over getting her girly seats. I really want a cute cover, but they just do not make them for boys! Sniff Sniff! We need some cool covers with cars, dogs, firetrucks, race cars, or SOMETHING that screams BOY!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC