Graco My Ride 65

aisraeltax

im confused by that picture, b/c my 3.5 year old is now riding in that seat and doesnt need the top slots for the straps. im going to try to measure him but he is never very happy when i do that.

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Remember that when a child is rear-facing, the straps need to be in the slots at or below the child's shoulders. This is to keep the child from ramping up the car seat in a crash.

In this particular seat, if a rear-facing child needs the top slots (her shoulders are above the top slots), her head would be well above the top of the car seat.

NannyMom

I recently put a very big almost 3 year old in the seat. She was right at the 2nd to top slots and had 2 inches above her head. So by the time th top slots would be needed RF, there would be less than 1 inch above the head (actually, the child's head would be over the top of the seat).

RN4KidsOhio

CPS Technician
This seat has so many great features. After reading the reviews, I was certain I would absolutely love it and for a fantastic price. However, I was not impressed after reading over the manual and working with the seat. I try to look at everything for its safety, ease of use, and clarity of the instructions. I found the harness height adjustment to be confusing and complicated. I thought that it would be very easy for someone to improperly connect the harness straps to the splitter plate. Many parents, unfortunately do not read their manuals with each change and with this seat one would have to refer back to the manual for which harness strap slots to connect the harness to the splitter plate and to connect them properly. I did not feel it was straight forward. Because of my profession and being a parent, I thought this seat would be easily confusing have a large margin for error. With so many fantastic features, why couldn't Graco make a seat with the harness height adjuster like Evenflo or Britax? The Roundabout is fairly simple. But even better are the Triumph and Britax versions where you simply adjust the height without disconnecting anything. I returned the Myride for the Boulevard. I almost got the Triumph again as I've had one before and loved it, but got a good deal on the Boulevard. Other than the harness height adjustment and connection, I really liked this seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC