Graco My Ride 65

mommy-medic

I went to check out a My Ride today , took several pics, and wasn't sure where to put a review so this seemed appropriate- feel free to move as needed.

Overall I like it. It's a nice lightweight seat.
mRide65016.jpg

The labels do have a lot of info on them, but it is precise and easy to understand.
mRide65003.jpg

For instance, the top slot can't be used for rear facing (not an issure since the rear facing slots should be at or below shoulders anyway) and the bottom slot can't be used forward facing- children that small should be RFing anyway.
mRide65002.jpg

The splitter plate for the harness is a bit different, but the harness has three different lengths that it can be adjusted to in the back- so remember that if you are doing a test fit in the store and the harness seems short.
mRide65001.jpg

It has two little "foot" pieces that I almost broke trying to figure out. The hinges look like clips that are to be opened, but each foot piece just folds inward like so to adjust the recline for forward/rear facing:
mRide65004.jpg

mRide65005.jpg

mRide65006.jpg

One thing I also noticed is that it came with two latch straps- one already installed in the FFing and RFing belt path- here one is black, the other gray. This is separate from the top tether strap. Not sure if this will be a perk or cause parents to pull the whole "if one is good two is better" routine.

mRide65008.jpg

I did like the labeling on the giant advert attached to the seat- along with the AAP suggestions.
mRide65009.jpg

But have to give a giant thumbs down to the instructions on page 13. (I missed the part that says to see page 14 until I was editing pics! Curious to see what that says.)
mRide65015.jpg

Now- when installed, it runs absolutely neck and neck with the size of my boulevard. (heighth, front to back depth, etc).
mRide65012.jpg

Maybe even the tiniest smidgen taller? (And in hindsight kicking myself for not getting a shot from this angle with the baby in it.)
mRide65014.jpg

It seems that the crotch buckle is a bit short- almost like they were trying to copy *another* brand of car seats, whose straps go over the thighs instead of the hips/low belly. (She was also grumpy that her sippy cup didn't fit into her cupholders). The harness was very difficult to adjust when installed- and I did check to make sure I didnt have any pinched anywhere. The straps are coarse and seem flimsy(?) or likely to twist. Also- the cover kept popping off the top of the seat, like it wasn't tall enough once the kid put some weight in it.
mRide65010.jpg

But it appears that she *might* have a little more leg room in the myRide compared to the boulevard. It could also be positional on her part.
mRide65013.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my rundown of the new MyRide. For reference, Sydney is 27 months, 26 lbs, and average height. (yes, bad mommy, I don't have her height or torso height available, nor did I measure the seat.)

Last edited:
ADS

NannyMom

Well, your review saves me from having to use all my own pictures :)

I wanted to add some info.

There are 5 harness slots. All measurements are with me pushing on the padding.
9 inches (8 with infant padding)
11 inches
13 inches
14.5 inches
16.5-17

The bottom slots can only be used rear facing. The next 3 slots up can be used rear facing or forward facing. ANd the top slot can only be used forward facing.

The seat shell measures 24 inches. My Marathon measures 25 inches. I put my daughter in both seats. In the Marathon she had at least 4 inches above her head. In the My Ride she had barely 4 inches above her head.

The widest part of the seat is at the cup holders, and it measures 20.5 inches. The widest at the head is 18.5- 19 inches. For comparison, the widest part of the True Fit is 19 inches.

The seat width at the knees is 9.5 inches. The width at the butt is 10 inches.

The width of the base is 11 inches. The harness adjuster is 7 inches from the floor.

The harness adjuster is similar to the Graco Nautilus. The harness material is the same as the Nautiuls and the Safe Seat 1 and Snug Ride 32. The chest clip and crotch buckle are also the same as on the GN, SS1, SR32.

The seat is lined with EPS foam from the top of the head, down to below the bottom harness slots. It lines both the back and the sides of the seat.

The seat cover is "Spiral" which is 2 shades of brown. It is nice and soft. There is no mesh on this seat (like on the GNs). I am having a hard time keeping 1 side of the cover on now, but it's not a big deal yet.

BabyS is 4 months old and 16 pounds. She is on the 2nd slots in the Safe Seat 1, with a few inches to grow above her head. She's still on the bottom slots of the My Ride, and the top of her head is even with the top slots.

Sofi is 2 years 7 months and 25 pounds. She is on the 2nd slots of the Marathon and True Fit. She's also on the 2nd slots of the My Ride. I didn't try her in the seat installed in my car (but I did on the test bench at BRU) but she has a little more legroom in the My Ride than in the Marathon, but less than in the True Fit.

J is 6 years old and 50 pounds. He is on the top slots of the Nautilus. He is over the top slots of the My Ride by about 1 inch.

Last edited:

NannyMom

Here is some info I've discovered on how the My Ride puzzles with otherr seats.

It will not fit RF in the center of my 2008 Sienna, because I have to flip a side seat to let the older kids in the back. The True Fit barely fits there, and the My Ride just doesn't. It also doesn't fit well in the center RF with the Safe Seat 1 next to it. The cupholders hit the circle for the handle of the SS1. But as I think about it, the center seat was moved forward more than the side seats. The My Ride fit nicely FF next to the RF True Fit because the cupholders fit right in the indentation on the side of the True Fit.

FF, the cup holders of the My Ride fit right on top of the arms of the Nautilus. Is this allowed :confused: It looks like (sitting in the house) it may work the same for the My Ride RF.

I forgot about the Radian sitting in the basement today. But because the base is so high on the My Ride, I think it may puzzle well with the Radian.

In the 3rd row of my Sienna, I was able to have the My Ride center, forward facing with a Vivo on either side. It puzzled niceley, and both kids (6 and 8) were both able to buckle on their own. But it would not fit rear facing.

The My Ride does not fit rear facing, between 2 Parkways. In a 2009 Accord.

Last edited:

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Can the infant insert be used at multiple harness heights or only in the lowest position? (You know how the GN only allows the insert useage at the bottom harness position.)

NannyMom

Can the infant insert be used at multiple harness heights or only in the lowest position? (You know how the GN only allows the insert useage at the bottom harness position.)

Your question made me remember I forgot to add something :)

The Infant padding has slots for the bottom seat slots. However, when I pressed on the seat to measure, the pad slots went much lower than the seat cover slots. Manual says to only use the infant padding with the bottom slots.

I borrowed the neighbor's baby because he's smaller than BabyS. BabyN is about 11 weeks and about 11 pounds. He fit great in the seat without the infant padding. He was well above the bottom slots. And looked to fit wonderfully. With the infant padding, it raised him up to nearly the 2nd slots. BabyN looks like he might be tall or long torsoed, but he's a skinny little guy.

heyruthie

EXCELLENT REVIEW! Thank you!!!

i don't know the answer to that question. however, since Mommy-Medic mentioned that she wasn't able to remove the infant insert (it was a slight PITA, since you had to remove the shoulder harness, but at least not the hip/buckle section) her kiddo would have more shell above her without it. So, in the comparison pics, she would actually have a little more headroom than she has in the photos, since she's outgrown the infant insert.

Last edited:

mommy-medic

Mommy-Medic mentioned that she wasn't able to remove the infant insert (it was a slight PITA, since you had to remove the shoulder harness, but at least not the hip/buckle section) her kiddo would have more shell above her without it. So, in the comparison pics, she would actually have a little more headroom than she has in the photos, since she's outgrown the infant insert.

Absolutely! I had a crabby girl that was pretty cooperative but not 100% patient. I would love to get a copy of the manual and take the time to read it front to back- which I did not have time to do when I played. My goal was more to get a feel for the install and pros/cons of the seat in general. Please forgive any misuse shown in my pics, and refer to the manual for specifics.

NannyMom

P. 14 is FF weight and height limits. However, it also says
The American Academy of Pediactrics recommends that children should be at least one year of age before being positioned forward facing. They also recommend that the child should remain rear facing as long as possible

Mama Jo

"When child can no longer comfortably fit and knees remain bent, child should use carseat forward-facing..."

(Bolding mine)

Great... justify the parents who say their kid isn't happy or comfy because his knees are bent and give them more reason to think that means the kid needs to be turned... I mean, do they really think a kid using a 40 lb RF seat to the max isn't going to have bent knees???

mish

I don't like that it has three sets of loops for the harness. I think that is begging for confusion. I don't know why I can't make myself like this seat.

emandbri

Here is some info I've discovered on how the My Ride puzzles with otherr seats.

It will not fit RF in the center of my 2008 Sienna, because I have to flip a side seat to let the older kids in the back.

Can you take one of the outboard middle row seats out? or have kids get in through the back? That is what I was planning to do if I couldn't flip the seat. I haven't decided yet which I'm going to do.

NannyMom

Can you take one of the outboard middle row seats out? or have kids get in through the back? That is what I was planning to do if I couldn't flip the seat. I haven't decided yet which I'm going to do.

Yes. But I like to keep an open empty seat in my car incase...well, just in case ;) What I can do is.... My Ride (or TF)/ Radian/ flipping seat. You can flip the seat next to the MR, I just don';t like how it's always pushing on the cupholder. It might work if I leave the empty seat folded flat (I didn't try that). BabyS will go in the MR eventually, and she is outboard.

Holly

I don't like the My Ride so much anymore, I think I'll just get another Marathon for Josh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cristina

The bottom slots can only be used rear facing. The next 3 slots up can be used rear facing or forward facing. ANd the top slot can only be used forward facing.

Excuse the horrible pic. My daughter was crabby!
The straps are threaded through the top slots, but not secured which is why they are not tightened/positioned correctly.
I was just curious about this seat and popped DD in it really quick to see if she could turn back around to RF.
She is currently FF in her Decathlon, and the straps on the second highest slots are exactly at her shoulders (she will have to move up to the highest if she grows even a smidge). I don't know her exact torso length, but she is 39" tall and 34-35 pounds.

In the MyRide she could still RF, except that she would need the straps on the highest slot which is not allowed?
Am I correct then that although her height appears to be OK compared to the shell of the seat...she cannot ride RF in this seat because of the straps having to be on the maximum of the second highest slots?

My DD is quite tall, but also heavy. I can't imagine that any child except a VERY heavy one would be able to hit the 40 pound mark if you are not allowed to use the highest strap height.
myride_4.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC