'nother "pics in the MR65" thread--2 yo

heyruthie

Please no photo "stealing" or reposting of pics with my DD :)

i went to my BRU today, just to see if they had the MyRide 65, and they did! I took pics of my 2 yo in it. Below, you can read my review comments in posts #13 & #17.

My dd is 2 yrs. 4 mos. old and weighs 25 pounds. I don't know her height stats, but can check her tomorrow.

ALL pics of DD are taken installed RFing on the BRU bench (Because that's what this seat is all about, right??? *grin*--OK, it's all about the ERFing for me!)

2009maydownload042.jpg

2009maydownload039.jpg

2009maydownload041.jpg

2009maydownload045.jpg

2009maydownload043.jpg

2009maydownload044.jpg

2009maydownload046.jpg

2009maydownload047.jpg

2009maydownload048.jpg

2009maydownload040.jpg

ETA: I'm adding some pics of DD in the TF that I forgot I had. THese pics were taken about 7-8 weeks ago, but I don't think her stats have changed that much. (I mean, maybe a LITTLE, but no huge growth spurt.) Unfortunately, she was installed FFing in the TF, so it's not a perfect comparison....Excuse her appearance. She was sick, and not nearly as happy on this visit.

Picture186.jpg

Picture188.jpg

Picture190.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

4boysmom

It's been a whole 13 minutes since your OP :p I am curious about the seat height. Seems we are getting conflicting reports with one person saying MR has about an extra inch and another loads of room in the MA but over the top of the MR...

mish

Is there only 1 position for the crotch strap? I bet the position of it is going to cause issues, just like with the Nautilus.

Shaunam

I'm starting to want one for DD! Not because of the higher weight limit, just because it looks so supportive and comfy!

xursusmaritimusx

thanks for posting pics!!

im really anxious to see how my daughter fits in this seat! she seems to be similar in size to your DD, just heavier. It looks like theres about 3+ inches of head space above your daughter???

i want the Alma pattern.

lotsolove

the crotch strap caught my eye too. if it fits perfect on a two yr old what is a chunky forty pound 2 or 3 yr old going to look like?
lotsolove

heyruthie

OK--more thoughts, now that I have a minute:

-harness adjuster is buttery-smooth & easy to get to
-leg room is awesome
-side wings are super-supportive and comfy looking
-harness positions seem good (newborn position is low, others go pretty high)
-2 cupholders :love:
-2 sets of lower anchors :love:
-TONS of EPS all over the entire top 1/2 - 1/3 or the seat (sorry, no "naked" pics--too hard at BRU)

HATES:
-1 crotch buckle position (hello, Graco?? Remember the Nautilus???)
-Fabric/cover quality BAD, BAD!!! (this is a deal-breaker for me. i'm not talking about color/pattern. I'm talking about quality. it was really cheap in comparison with my EFTA, and even the Nauti. I hated the quality of the fabric. They need a better cover. the pic from the top shows how it doesn't stay on. it also slips off the sides. Even the padding seems low-quality. Look at the head pillow--it is so cheap!)

OVERALL: I love this seat except for the cover. If they can get a better cover, I want one. But the cover was bad enough that I don't want to buy one right now.

hkmomof5

Fantastic pics, Thanks so much. I posted about this seat two years ago in april. I got to do a survey about different seats and this was the prototype I got to "look" at. I wonder if it still has the yellow color coded straps to make latch and tethering easier to follow, or did they switch that out?? At least they listened about the 30 lb. Rf limit and raised it!! I feel like I really had a say and my opinion really mattered. I am wondering if this seat seems to fit smaller, skinnier kids better than the Marathon. I never got to "play" with the seat just "look" at it. My very small DD only 20lbs at 23 mon. is having issues in her Marathon.
Here's my old link. I don't know if this will work. I can't believe it took so long to get the seat into production. Better safe than sorry. Wish it had a RF tether, I asked for that too!!
www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=25663

heyruthie

I also wanted to say that my PLAN was to do a side-by-side comparison with the True Fit, but the had SOLD the floor model :mad: and didn't have any in-stock. By the time I realized I could do a side-by-side with the MA, my DD was saying, "Mommy!! I went poopy!!!!" and I had only 10 minutes left in the store to change her diaper before a long ride back home to do preschool pickup :rolleyes: So....sorry for no side-by-side with another better-known seat.

Again, I really loved this seat--especially the harness adjuster! So easy to access RFing, and so smooth! However, that flimsy cover.....:( It was made with a different type of fabric than ANY other carseat I've ever encountered--the fabric itself was like the old-school stretch lycra leggins: very thin and stretchy--like it could easily be punctured. It didn't have any bulk to it, and it was stretchy, but didn't stay in place because it didn't have enough anchors around the outside of the shell. It was like a pair of panty-hose that keeps rolling down over your belly (anyone try to wear regular panty hose while PG? that's what it was like.)

P1ally

SOOOOOOOO I was totally planning on cleaning the house today, but I think I'll have to drive all over the county looking for the MR65......... DH is going to kill me lol... Where is my darn coupon book!?!?!?!?!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC