How to: Tickers

gwenvet

Ok, so I'm not all that computer literate...How do I add a ticker? I made one at tickerfactory.com and got the url, but when I add it to my signature it keeps saying invalid url. :confused:

ADS

Tara

Did you grab the bb code? it uses brackets [ ] instead of < >

Your code will look something like [ url = http:// www. blahblahblah.com ] (no spaces of course, then followed by..) [ img = whateverelsethelinklistsforyoutocopyhere ] and an end [/ img] and an end [/ url] (again no spaces)

Boy, that sounded so...not helpful LOL
Just check the code your transferring, you want the bb code that uses [ ] as opposed to the < > in html

gwenvet

Tara, Ok I have the bb code. Do I put it in the edit signature box? I think my 3 yr old could do this berrer than me!

Tara

woohoo...she did it!

I don't know about email.
I think you would need the html code for that ??
I only use mine on boards, so, no real help/experience for email.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I still can't figure it out. I made it forever ago, just didn't know where to put it. Where do you paste it?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Okay, I feel stupid! That was far too easy. I was putting it in the wrong spot!
Thanks anyways

Tara

now ya just need to remove your extra [ center ] tag heehee
Agreed, cute ticker
I love snowmen :D

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Can you use them for email too?

Yes, you can.
For different emails you do differently, but this is how I did it for my outlook express:
I saved my ticker as a hmtl in notepad, and then once in my outlook express I went to tools, options, signature. Clicked new, clicked on file and then I was able to browse for the file I had saved. Then set it as my default and to have on all outgoing mail. once you get into the sig. options it's pretty easy to figure out.

Hope that helps:D

gwenvet

Hmmm...I tried putting all 3 format options in my email signature box and sent myself emails. All 3 appear as the text link. I have email thru mac.com. Oh well.:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC