Sometimes it's a bugger, sometimes it goes in like a breeze

dd9736

You ever find that your seats go in super easy one day, and a week later you have to fight with it forever? Share your stories.

Last week DH took the boys to the city in his truck, and I had to go pick them up, because he had school on monday, and didn't want to drive here and back again Sunday night. I fought with our Radian to get an acceptable install for over 1/2 an hr, and that was just acceptable, that wasn't even good, so it really bugged me when DH took the seats and put them in his truck for no good reason this last weekend while i was at work, and refused to put them back in my car. Well, as usual the EFTA goes in no problem, and I'm dreading the Radian, I had to loosen the tether strap, because DH doesn't listen and routed it wrong in the truck, again. I set it in place (nice dent in my backseat as a guide) tug on the belt 3 or 4 times, and try to move the seat, nothing, try again, won't budge, that's right talk about easy as pie, I don't even know what i did that was all that different, I tightened up the tether, and off we went, 10-15 minutes for both seats, vs 1/2hr+ for one last week.

so now you've read my story, will you tell me yours????

ADS

emandbri

Oh it happens to me if I have told someone "oh I can get this in easy" and they are watching. :rolleyes:

The radians are fickle. I know I got it in easily when I wanted to see how Elizabeth would fit in it but trying to get it in on the other side of the van was HORRID! I'm scared to move it! :eek:

I've also had it happen with a rear-facing marathon in my mom's caravan. Sometimes it goes in easy and other times it just doesn't.

myliljunebugs

The Regent in my mom's car. One time it will go in within 5 minutes, solid as a rock. Next time I fight for half an hour, end up crying, take a break, and get it in fairly quickly. Seriously that seat is amazing but makes me soooo mad sometimes LOL

lotsolove

I have the same problem with my radian, most of the time its easy peasey, but occasionally it can be a major pita! sometimes I have to stop and go back to it.

lotsolove

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Radian, yup.
Used to be I couldn't get it in at all with LATCH RF (???) then it somehow just 'happened' that it worked one day. And with FF seatbelt...sometimes it takes many sweaty minutes...sometimes voila...

Leah's light enough for LATCH FF now and I have it set to just the right length it's almost as easy as if it were rigid, just click click done, it's almost fun, lol.

AtTheSouthDam

The regent. Somedays it is SO easy, others I am out there forever. It doesn't matter the location either. Same seating location but there is no way to tell how long it will take.

The Radian. Of course, if it went in easy it is over reclined

The como gave me the same problems.

I never had a problem with the SR or the MA.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC