Anyone wanna see pics of the MR65?

Momof4Girls

I happened to stop by my BRU today just in case they had something fun to play with, and they had *just* received a single, solitary MR65, TODAY!

I took pics of all 4 of my girls in it, and I will post pics with more info in them as we go.

Things I like about it:
Tall, deep shell
Pretty good amount of leg room, particularly compared to my Britax seats
believe it or not, it's MADE IN THE USA!!!!
I also *do* like the functionality of the cupholders on this seat...they're just part of the seat, not a flip-out or something else that might break off.
Bottom harness slot is *not* reinforced for FF...not that many over 1 year would be that short (to where they'd be using the lowest slot for FF), but it's another little "perk"

Things I don't particularly like about it:

Complicated...not impossibly so, but it's definitely significantly more complicated than the Britax seats I've owned, and more complicated than my MCP
It's difficult to ensure the straps are looped appropriately through the yoke in the back (they slip off easily if you're not particularly careful). The straps are much thicker than the "post" that they loop over.
The cover doesn't seem to fit the seat that well (it was pulling off on the sides)
The cover...just plain didn't feel good to me. I certainly wouldn't want to put a newborn in it.
The lowest straps also seemed a bit high to be realistically used from 5lbs, comparable to the lowest slots in the Britax convertibles. However, the added infant padding may help boost the height of the baby up to make the lower slots usable for a newborn. I, however, do not yet have one to try in it.
The switch from FF to RF...there are "feet" on the bottom of it that rotate around plastic hinges that feel flimsy, and like they will break easily.
The RF "limit" posted in the manual (child can sit upright, legs bent, over 1 yr and 20lbs FF)
The manual is fairly confusing at first glance, trying to read over it while adjusting it and installing it for 4 different children under 7!
The top slot is not to be used RF (not sure if a child tall enough to RF using the at or below for the top slots would fit the criteria of head with an inch or more of space over their head)

I'm sure there will be more things that come to mind as I get the pics uploaded and going. I'll get what I can tonight, and do some more with the rest tomorrow, if I don't get to them all. I also took comparison pics with my kids in a MA (on the test bench, just dd3), and my dd2 and dd4 in the BLVD in stalled in my vehicle.

Raechel

ADS

miraclebabies

Ohhh... I can't wait to see pics. I am thinking about buying one for DD2 for DH's vehicle. Thanks for the helpful info.

NannyMom

OMG :eek: I am so jealous! I forsee a call to BRU tomorrow morning.

Was it wider than the TF? With the cupholders, was it narrower than the TF? Which cover did they have??? Was there a price for it?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Raechel, we love you. Seriously...you are one lucky person. why didn't I go to BRU today?? hhhmmm???
Please load quickly, pics!

NannyMom

who else is calling their BRU?

I called mine at 9:50. Even though I think they closed at 9 :whistle: But, no luck.

BabyS was sick today. I really really hope she's feeling better tomorrow so we can go to BRU. If not, it'll have to wait until after work.

Momof4Girls

I did not purchase the seat, just played with it. And, since I hadn't planned to stop in, I didn't have a tape measure with me :( Or I would have measured overall shell height, as well as slot height (of all).

The cover was called Spiral or something...not a big fan of it. Perhaps some of the other covers will be a more cushy fabric. Plus, it was just bland and boring.

I don't believe it's wider than the TF...my BRU doesn't stock the TF in store here, so there was no side-by-side comparison available. It didn't *seem* much wider than the Britax convertibles, if that helps any. The cup holders are built into the side walls of the "arm rest".

To give you an idea, here are the stats of my girls:

DD1 6.5 y/o, hovering right around 40lbs. Torso height ~16", standing height of ~47".

DD2 almost 5 (in July), hovering also right around 40lbs. Torso height *measures* ~15.5-16", but she fits in this seat radically different than dd1. Standing height of ~42".

DD3 3.25 y/o, 27lbs. Torso height ~11.5" or so, standing height 35.5"

DD4 22mos, 20.5lbs. Torso height ~10.5-11", standing height of 30.5"

Here are pics of dd1 in the seat. In the early pics, she looks like her head would be right at the top of the shell.

THIS IS CLEARLY MISUSE to use this seat RF for a child this tall, particularly on the days she actually does break 40lbs.

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

As she squirmed around, it seemed to bring her head up and out of the shell, but just barely.

IMG_0868.jpg

She is FF in this one. Her shoulders are *right at* the top harness slot, installed on the test bench at BRU. She could ride in it in a pinch, but I would never buy this seat for this child specifically. FWIW, she preferred to sit in it RF than FF. She said she'd like to ride RF again. Unfortunately, unless I import from Sweden or something, that won't happen. And, at 6.5 y/o, I'm not terribly inclined to do that.

ETA: Please excuse the obvious errors in usage. Things like chest clip placement, strap tension, etc, as the other "stuff" that was attached to the seat began ATTACHED TO THE STRAPS!!! So frustrating.

Other DDs in other posts.....

Mylilboyblue

The BRU near me didn't have it today when I went in for Boogie Wipes (don't ask :rolleyes:).

BUUUUTTT....it is in my computer on order where I work which means we are going to be getting it in shortly!!!!!!!

12 of them to start!

heyruthie

Oh, you are just hilarious "Anyone wanna see....?"

As if we haven't all been thinking about this seat ALL DAY, since we heard it might be released today!!!!!!!!!! I logged in JUST so see if anyone had pics!

firemomof3

I like it but...I just know about that shell. I'm sooo hoping that dd2 & ds will fit height wise. Hmmm, just don't know :confused:

Momof4Girls

DD2: Just for memory sake, 4yrs 10mos, fluctuating around 40lbs. Similar torso height to dd1 (again, can't figure out the difference in how they sit in seats?)

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

See the leg room? I have comparison pics of her sitting in my dd4's BLVD in my van from tonight...obviously she doesn't ride in it, but her leg room is MUCH greater in the MR65 than the BLVD.

IMG_0839.jpg

The straps were set on the 2nd from the top slots...her shoulders were just a skosh below that slot, so she should be on the next one down.

IMG_0840.jpg

There's DD2 RF pics....FF pics next!

IMG_0864.jpg

She's right AT the 2nd slots in this one...she could go either way. I'd probably install it on the top slots, just to avoid having to uninstall/reinstall right away again.

IMG_0867.jpg

Excuse the goofy look...it was the end of our car seat adventure, and she had had enough! The kids were all going a bit nuts....

Momof4Girls

Oh, you are just hilarious "Anyone wanna see....?"

As if we haven't all been thinking about this seat ALL DAY, since we heard it might be released today!!!!!!!!!! I logged in JUST so see if anyone had pics!

LOL, I've been out all day, not checking the boards, etc. On a day trip to visit friends in Charlotte, while dh had business there to take care of. We stopped by our local BRU (upstate, SC) and I ran in just to see if it was there. It was right in the same parking lot as where we had dinner....:whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC